Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Greetings,
    Whenever I make changes or add a menu items in the Joomla Menu Manager, all of my Mega Menu configuration (columns, classes, icons, etc.) is lost. Some basic information:

Joomla 3.4.4
    T3 Framework 2.5.1
    JA_University T3 1.1.3

I am unable to provide the site URL or login information, as it is a development site whose access is limited to internal users.

I have disabled MagicQuotes as suggested in another forum post, however the issue persists. Any assistance would be appreciated.

pavit Moderator

Sorry but if we cannot look at your website we cannot understand what is happening , if you want help you should share a temp account

pavit Moderator

Sorry but if we cannot look at your website we cannot understand what is happening , if you want help you should share a temp account

liamhanks Friend

I have updated the original post with the necessary login information.

Thanks,
    -Liam

liamhanks Friend

I have updated the original post with the necessary login information.

Thanks,
    -Liam

pavit Moderator

<em>@liamhanks 497368 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have updated the original post with the necessary login information.

Thanks,
    -Liam</blockquote>

I disabled url rewriting from your Global configuration and added a new template for English language added a new menu item “Joomlart”
    as you can see seems all correct by my side what you have to verify is the url rewriting settings and maybe change the htaccess.txt to .htaccess or verify into it why it gives a 500 error if enabled

pavit Moderator

<em>@liamhanks 497368 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have updated the original post with the necessary login information.

Thanks,
    -Liam</blockquote>

I disabled url rewriting from your Global configuration and added a new template for English language added a new menu item “Joomlart”
    as you can see seems all correct by my side what you have to verify is the url rewriting settings and maybe change the htaccess.txt to .htaccess or verify into it why it gives a 500 error if enabled

liamhanks Friend

<em>@pavit 497386 wrote:</em><blockquote>I disabled url rewriting from your Global configuration and added a new template for English language added a new menu item “Joomlart”
    as you can see seems all correct by my side what you have to verify is the url rewriting settings and maybe change the htaccess.txt to .htaccess or verify into it why it gives a 500 error if enabled</blockquote>

Nothing in your previous post has anything to do with my issue.

To see what’s happening, follow these steps:
    1. Open any of the ja_university templates from the Template Manager
    2. Click on the “Megamenu” button
    3. Make some changes to the menu (add columns, classes, icons, etc. to sub-items)
    4. Save the megamenu
    5. Close the megamenu
    6. Save and Close the template.
    The changes should all appear in the front-end.
    7. Open the Joomla Menu Manager
    8. Open any menu item
    9. Save the menu item
    10. Re-open the ja_university template
    11. Click on the “Megamenu” button.
    You will see that all of your changes have been erased. The front-end will also demonstrate that the classes, icons, columns, etc. have all been erased.

liamhanks Friend

<em>@pavit 497386 wrote:</em><blockquote>I disabled url rewriting from your Global configuration and added a new template for English language added a new menu item “Joomlart”
    as you can see seems all correct by my side what you have to verify is the url rewriting settings and maybe change the htaccess.txt to .htaccess or verify into it why it gives a 500 error if enabled</blockquote>

Nothing in your previous post has anything to do with my issue.

To see what’s happening, follow these steps:
    1. Open any of the ja_university templates from the Template Manager
    2. Click on the “Megamenu” button
    3. Make some changes to the menu (add columns, classes, icons, etc. to sub-items)
    4. Save the megamenu
    5. Close the megamenu
    6. Save and Close the template.
    The changes should all appear in the front-end.
    7. Open the Joomla Menu Manager
    8. Open any menu item
    9. Save the menu item
    10. Re-open the ja_university template
    11. Click on the “Megamenu” button.
    You will see that all of your changes have been erased. The front-end will also demonstrate that the classes, icons, columns, etc. have all been erased.

pavit Moderator

I edited menu main menu (FR) megamenu added to the menu item “Les Etudes” the Iscrive vous module , saved it edited menu item from menu manager saved it reopened template edited megamenu and my configuration forLes Etudes menu item was still there

There are no problems on megamenu configuration

pavit Moderator

I edited menu main menu (FR) megamenu added to the menu item “Les Etudes” the Iscrive vous module , saved it edited menu item from menu manager saved it reopened template edited megamenu and my configuration forLes Etudes menu item was still there

There are no problems on megamenu configuration

liamhanks Friend

Ok, specifically, I am trying to configure the Etudiants sub-menu to have a width of 750 and to have everything under (and including) Mon uSainte-Anne moved to a second column. When I do that, and follow the steps in my previous post, all of the changes are lost. I had not previously attempted to add a module to the sub-menu… apparently that works. If you try simply adjusting the width of a sub-menu or adding a class to the “extra class” field, you should be able to reproduce my problem.

Thanks

liamhanks Friend

Ok, specifically, I am trying to configure the Etudiants sub-menu to have a width of 750 and to have everything under (and including) Mon uSainte-Anne moved to a second column. When I do that, and follow the steps in my previous post, all of the changes are lost. I had not previously attempted to add a module to the sub-menu… apparently that works. If you try simply adjusting the width of a sub-menu or adding a class to the “extra class” field, you should be able to reproduce my problem.

Thanks

pavit Moderator

To do what you want to obtain best thing to do is to remove completely your actual configuration and start from scratch adding first the 2 columns to the submenu after added 2 columns to it and set respective column width and class, you can add submenus items to each column

pavit Moderator

To do what you want to obtain best thing to do is to remove completely your actual configuration and start from scratch adding first the 2 columns to the submenu after added 2 columns to it and set respective column width and class, you can add submenus items to each column

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  liamhanks 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum