Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

When I login to my site the dropdown menu’s will not work anymore. Before it all worked nicely but now I have a problem. My site is http://www.vivacomputers.nl.

kobenes Friend

I couldn’t browse your website, something wrong with your link.

TomC Moderator

<em>@vivacomputers 259421 wrote:</em><blockquote>When I login to my site the dropdown menu’s will not work anymore. Before it all worked nicely but now I have a problem. My site is http://www.vivacomputers.nl.</blockquote>

Seems to be working for me – and I like the nice light-tan background color of the dropdowns.

Perhaps clear your Joomla and Browser cache and check again?

If that doesn’t work, try a system restart . . . once in a while, these things need s little bit of a swift kick. 😎

vivacomputers Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 259423 wrote:</em><blockquote>Seems to be working for me – and I like the nice light-tan background color of the dropdowns.

Perhaps clear your Joomla and Browser cache and check again?

If that doesn’t work, try a system restart . . . once in a while, these things need s little bit of a swift kick. :cool:</blockquote>

It still doesn’t work. I did all that and reinstalled the template an d reinstalled JA Login. When you are not logged in there is no problem but as soon you login then it is dead.

vivacomputers Friend

I have had a week of holiday but I see that there is no change. Does anyone have suggestions?

TomC Moderator

<em>@vivacomputers 261088 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have had a week of holiday but I see that there is no change. Does anyone have suggestions?</blockquote>
    When you installed the template, did you do so using the quickstart installation and install the sample data?

vivacomputers Friend

I didn’t use the quickstart but installed the sample data. This was no problem because it worked before. The only thing what I did was trying to update to Joomla 1.7 but made a backup before I did and had to use it because it all went wrong. I use for backups Akeeba…..

TomC Moderator

<em>@vivacomputers 261148 wrote:</em><blockquote>The only thing what I did was trying to update to Joomla 1.7 ….</blockquote>

Depending on the version of the template you originally uploaded and installed, this may be the issue – as not all of our templates are yet compatible with J1.7 – though our Development Team is working feverishly to do so.

Unfortunately, JA Business has not yet been upgraded for J1.7.

This is really something that everyone needs to consider and research before jumping to the next/latest Joomla version update. It is not something that can/should be done haphazardly – as you have, unfortunately, discovered.

You can check on the progress/status of JA’s updating of our templates and extensions HERE.

Unless you have a full site and database backup of your site that you made prior to your attempting to upgrade to J1.7, my advice, at this point, would be to backup/export your database(s) to a location on your desktop … wipe clean your install and delete your current databases (via your CPanel and/or phpMyAdmin) … and reinstall using the quickstart PLUS sample data.

At that point, overwrite the “new install” database tables with the database tables you exported/saved – which should restore the content you entered before attempting your upgrade to J1.7.

I’m sorry about these set of circumstances . . . but I hope these suggestions will help you to get things back on track soon.
    If you continue to run into problems, please let us know.

TOM

vivacomputers Friend

The problems are solved. I actually waited untill the update came out of JA Business Joomla 1.7 and installed it and now it works as it should be….

Thank you all for the help!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  vivacomputers 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum