Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

How can I get rid of my menu on the left in ja_larix on this site http://www.plzanddad.com/saints/index.php

Also on this site, how can I put an article above the “news” like on http://www.sandyspringsbaseball.com/ I have yet to figure it out. I am refering to their Welcome To article.

Thanks.

w3bars Friend

Hello. First of all welcome to the forum.

The menu on the left is a module. Go to Modules—>Site modules (for Joomla! 1.0.x) or Module Manager (for Joomla! 1.5.x) and just unpublish the Main menu module.

For welcome go to Main Menu —> Home and then edit the:

# Leading
    # Intro
    Columns
    # Links

to the values you want. Try different combinations to figure how that works.

nanofreak Friend

The menu is gone, your a saint thanks. Funny thing is I have fixed it myself in the past, but I havent slept since 5am Friday EST, and I think the lack of sleep maybe has me going loopy. Your help was great though, and appreciated. I will look at the other part after rest.

Thanks!

nanofreak Friend

<em>@w3bars 79662 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello. First of all welcome to the forum.

The menu on the left is a module. Go to Modules—>Site modules (for Joomla! 1.0.x) or Module Manager (for Joomla! 1.5.x) and just unpublish the Main menu module.

# Leading
    # Intro
    Columns
    # Links

to the values you want. Try different combinations to figure how that works.</blockquote>
    I looked at that menu, but when I place an article on the front page, the problem I am having is it puts it under my ja-news items. I am wanting it on top like on that other page I link. I can not make it go on top for the life of me.

nanofreak Friend

<em>@w3bars 79662 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello. First of all welcome to the forum.

# Leading
    # Intro
    Columns
    # Links

to the values you want. Try different combinations to figure how that works.</blockquote>
    Just to add, what I haveo n the front page is not there because it is published out to the front page, it is there because it is part of the JA News module that comes with the JA Larix template. That is what publishes my content that appears there so far.

Whenever I try to put anything else on the front page by publishing it there, it goes UNDER my JA News content, and I need to get it above.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nanofreak 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum