Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am new to JA and I have a few issues:
    1- Installed Copper biz and (quickstart) the color style drop down menu doesn’t work. But it does on the Demo site
    2- I want to access the template files from backend but there is configuration interface available when you open template files ( I was hoping that JA has similar interface as other template vendors without having to modify the code but use check boxes to configure. Am I missing something here.

Any suggestion how to fix this

John Wesley Brett Moderator

I’m perhaps confused on what you are asking but here’s my take:

To change the menu style go to you ADMINISTRATIVE PANEL > EXTENTIONS > TEMPLATE MANAGER…and then click on your template name. In the Parameters on the right you’ll be able to change the type of menu. MooMenu, I think, is the one you are looking for.

As for accessing the template files…you should see the files located in this area as well…at least the main and CSS files. Module files and the like you’ll have to use a program with fTP access like Dreamweaver, etc.

Have fun.
    John.

tadam Friend

Hi John,
    Sorry I went on weekend gate away.
    I installed template with quickstart package. I read on the template forum that you have to install with the installer package to get the template configuration interface you suggested.

With the Quickstart, there is no Parameters to configure- it is grayed out.

I am really disappointed with JA templates because non of the templates I tried worked for me. Are thy releasing the package without testing?

I am work from y local pc server and may be this has to do with it. Another issue I encountered is the menu. The dropdown menu functionality doesn’t work as seen on the demo side. I checked the template code and don’t see where the option to change the menu styles.
    I hope you can help me

Phill Moderator

All of the templates have worked fine for me. I have been a member since Jan and have not been dissapointed.

I have tested this template om my machine and the options work fine in the back end. Can you give us a screenshot of where it is greyed out?

John Wesley Brett Moderator

<em>@tadam 121689 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    With the Quickstart, there is no Parameters to configure- it is grayed out.

</blockquote>

Yes…please send a screen shot. I’ve never seen template parameters grayed out.
    Perhaps you are looking in the wrong place?
    Just a thought.

John.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum