Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’m using Transmenu with the Pariiti template. They’re fine in FF and IE but are not working properly in Google Chrome. Some of the drop down menus drop, and some don’t. See it here: http://nolanknights.com/

Please help.

cjmicro Friend

I see the problem and had a similar problem in my site. It turned out to be a javascript conflict which one of the developers found. I was able to turn on error reporting in IE7 and find the code that was the problem but I can’t see how you do that in chrome. Hopefully a developer will step in and offer to help, or maybe pointing you in the direction of the scripts will help you find it.

You could try turning off some plugins, like a slideshow plug in or something, to see if you can narrow it down to which one is not working. My problem was conflict in IE7 but was fine in chrome. Go figure!

Oh also, i think I remember reading that the jce utilities plugin can cause conflicts, so if you have that one you could disable it and see if that helps.

Cheryl (not very helpful, sorry!)

PS Almost forgot. the site is FABULOUS! I really like it. Did you use stock photos? I have a PTA site and they are just wacky about not including photos of kids (security?) and I think the pics really make it so much better. Great job!

slambeck Friend

Thank you so much for your reply, cjmicro. I’ll try your suggestions and hope for a reply from one of the developers too.

Right now the site is using stock photos but the school really wants to use actual student photos! As long as the kids aren’t identified, they feel ok about it. The school has had a site of one kind or another for about 6 years now and haven’t had any probs so I guess they’re more comfortable now. Thanks for the nice comments and reply.

scotty Friend

As Google Chrome is still a BETA you are unlikely so get a solution from JA staff.

slambeck Friend

I thought Google released a stable version of Chrome recently. Even if isn’t stable, another site that is using the same menu works fine in Chrome. Plus, some of the menu dropdowns work and some don’t.

It’s pretty frustrating. I hope it magically fixes itself or one of the developers helps me.

Thanks for replying.

scotty Friend

Well they are calling it a stable release but there are still many many known bugs. Very unlike google to do such a thing actually. Gmail is still a BETA!

Sorry I can’t be more help with your menu problem though.

slambeck Friend

I tried turning off the slideshow as cjmicro suggested and the menus all worked again in Chrome. After further investigating, I also realized that the problem only occurred on the front page (the only page with the slideshow). At least now I know it’s a prob with the slideshow (and you’re probably right, scotty, about thinking the prob might be a Chrome bug).

Thanks again for the replies.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  slambeck 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum