Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi All

I have the craziest H1 Title Text Tag appearing right across my K2 item pages

here’s an example
    http://www.toucandesign.net/itemlist/tag/Web%20Design

It appears in all caps across the top
    “Orlando Graphic Design, Orlando Web Design, Orlando Printing, Web Design Orlando, Florida, FL”

Any help solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1. H1-Tag
    TomC Moderator

Well, it appears that you have the CSS property for that item set at 400px (font size) – might that be the issue??

Check file path –> /templates/ja_lens/css/template.css
    at line 18 . . . .

div.item-page h1 h1.componentheading, .componentheading, .content-inner div > h1 {
    color: #333333
    font-family: 'MontserratRegular',sans-serif;
    font-size: 400%;
    font-weight: normal;
    line-height: 1;
    margin: 0 auto 60px 20px;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    width: 660px;
    }

toucandesign Friend

Thanks for your reply Tom

I found that a “font-size: 130%;” keeps the image (in the case the screen grab of Pegaus Pumps) in line with the menu, going to 100% makes the image go over the menu.

Is there a way to adjust the margin so that the text goes up out of view? You can see it in the upper menu now.

div.item-page h1
    h1.componentheading,
    .componentheading,
    .content-inner div > h1{
    font-size: 130%;
    color: #333
    font-family: 'MontserratRegular',sans-serif;
    font-weight: normal;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    width: 660px;
    margin: 0px auto 60px 20px;
    line-height: 1.0;

TomC Moderator

<em>@toucandesign 354394 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for your reply Tom

I found that a “font-size: 130%;” keeps the image (in the case the screen grab of Pegaus Pumps) in line with the menu, going to 100% makes the image go over the menu.

Is there a way to adjust the margin so that the text goes up out of view? You can see it in the upper menu now.
    </blockquote>

Well, as I am not certain how many instances throughout the site for which that particular CSS rule applies, I would be hesitant to adjust the margins/padding to much – as it may mess up headings/tags elsewhere within the site.

I suppose a creative/out-of-the-box approach might be to make the color of the text the same as the background color of the main navigation menu. That way, you won’t see the tag content within/over the main nav menu area.

make sense ??

toucandesign Friend

Yes, it does Tom, thanks.

We did some customizations of the home page tag which said “Latest Shots” to get my logo in that area… not sure but suspect this might be related to the tag in this position.

Would recoloring the tag to the background color effect SEO?

I’ll recolor the text in the mean time to the background color and report back to see if works. Thanks.

toucandesign Friend

I recolored the H1 tag to “1a1a1a” and it seemed to solve the issue. Thanks for all the help Tom!

TomC Moderator

Glad to be of assistance …. All the best with your continuing site development !!!

😎

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum