Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello …. still here, I have a problemuccio with the homepage of my site.

I installed everything perfectly using the template jamesolite ecommerce, with the latest version of joomla and VM.

I moved the contents dell’ftp from server to server linux windows.

I have recreated the contents of the database from the backup of the old site but the homepage does not appear when I enter the address of my site.
    The administration, however, is good.

What could be the problem?
    Thanks in advance …

bennitos Friend

Check permissions, SEO settings, set ftp settings correctly.

I can take a look for you if you send me login info, but keep in mind that im not JA staff.

nefar Friend

Since you are creating a new site instead of installing joomla, vm, and then the template I would just delete all the files, and clear your databse. Then

1.) Upload the quickstart_joomla158.zip to your server where you wish to install Joomla
    2.) Log into your Cpanel
    3.) Go to file manager – browse to the folder you uploaded quickstart_joomla158.zip to — click it and on right side of cpanel you should see “Unpack”. This will unpack your file right on the server so you dont have to waste time uploading indivual files via FTP.
    4.) go to http://www.yourdomain.com and follow the install process

I would suggest installing the DEMO data so you can see how everything works. Then simply delete the demo data when your ready.

There was another person with a similar problem and they had to add :
    ini_set(‘memory_limit’, ’20M’);
    to the configphp.ini

cjmicro Friend

what is the url?
    (of the site so we can look at it)
    Cheryl

ideapubblicita Friend

The url is http://www.ideapubblicita.eu.
    Thank you, i resolved!!!!!

cjmicro Friend

What was your resolution? Just curious to find out what the problem was, and also it helps other people if they are having the same problem.

Cheryl

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cjmicro 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum