Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I might have rushed into this a little bit. I’ve installed a few languages on my already English version of the site. I got errors on the Translate All section and it said that was probably ok in the documentation. So I proceeded to go through the rest of teh installations, and now there are many things broken.

Most importantly the main menu is not showing up. Then also I can’t get the flags to show up anywhere (header, search, footer etc.)

I am unable to check out most of the rest of the site since I cannot navigate to it. I was able to change the language by using the url ending /fr/ or /de/ etc, but results were mixed on a couple of the pages I could get to.

I’m going to jump back into the instructions and try to figure out what it wrong.

Please help,
    Thanks,
    Jeff

pearlhouse Friend

Here’s the error received while translating:
    Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

It seems to not like my categories, before this error flashes over the FAILED:… message

Nazario A Friend

@pearlhouse,

Did you install JA Multilingual as follow this user guide ?

I just checked your site. You need to create menu for each language.

pearlhouse Friend

THank you, that was a tip that got me in the right direction. I have at least got a navigation in English for all of them. Do you suggest making a duplicate menu, then assign it to another language, then hit the translate all button? Is that how it will translate it for me? Or do I have to make the menu in the other language?

Thanks,
    Jeff

pearlhouse Friend

Nazario,

Overnight there was a large rise in 404 errors. It seems after the cache cleared it rebuilt the navigation. Now there is a ton of broken links in all directions.

I have also been trying to add a couple more languages and they don’t seem to get installed. They are listed, but not available beyond the component page. Is there a size limit or something?

The Association manager is also blank for translating individually. see capture2.jpg

The largest section of my site looks about 1/2 translated, but none of the articles in my JReviews component get translated, just a couple of modules associated with it do. Is there a way to translate the whole thing?

Any help with any of these issues is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff

1. Capture
    2. Capture2
    Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

Please perform fully backup your site or clone it to test site.
    Once done, I will try to translate and help you to resolve an issue if any.

pearlhouse Friend

I have made the back up. It takes over an hour and it failed once so 2 hours. Please take a look and let me know what you find.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

I have tried to run translation in your site, and the error message returned is :

----- Start Translating categories: Skateparks
    Failed: Failed Translate: Access Not Configured. Please use Google Developers Console to activate the API for your project.
    ----- Start Translating categories: USA Skateparks
    Failed: Failed Translate: Access Not Configured. Please use Google Developers Console to activate the API for your project.
    ----- Start Translating categories: Alabama Skateparks
    ----- Start Translating categories: Alaska Skateparks
    ----- Start Translating categories: Arizona Skateparks

That means your Google Translate API key is not valid or is not activated. Please update a valid key and try again.

pearlhouse Friend

I grabbed it again from Google and it was the same. I tried to make sure there were no spaces at the beginning and end of the key.

I generated a new one and I am trying again now, but it gave me an internal server error 2 times. I’ll keep trying

pearlhouse Friend

I am still stuck with the same issue. I’ve tried both Key’s (new one and old one) and still can’t get it to translate. It did the French version ok when it was the only one. Then I went for the other languages and that’s when it got stuck.

I am also having a problem where I have 2 navigation bars on the top of my page, but I should only have one. How do I fix that?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

<blockquote>but it gave me an internal server error 2 times</blockquote>

Please send me FTP account for debugging, I need check log file to see what is a cause of this issue.

<blockquote>I am also having a problem where I have 2 navigation bars on the top of my page, but I should only have one. How do I fix that?</blockquote>

In module manager >> Filter by module type “Menu”, I see that you have created one menu module and assign to all language, and indivual menu modules for each language, so it display duplicated menu.
    To resolve this issue, I have disabled Menu module that assigned to all language.

pearlhouse Friend

I thought I had PM’d you the ftp info right after you posted the last post here. Did you receive it?

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

I’m sorry, somehow I missed your PM.
    I have just checked my inbox, and saw your PM, but I could not connect with your hosting with account that you gave.
    Please confirm and update a correct one.

pearlhouse Friend

The error logs contain a whole lot of these:

[Wed Sep 10 15:16:56 2014] [10117231] [fcgid:warn] (9)Bad file descriptor: mod_fcgid: ap_pass_brigade failed in handle_request_ipc function, referer http://www.concretedisciples.com/index.php/en_us/community/register

[Fri Sep 12 02:19:48 2014] [10117231] End of script output before headers: index.php
    [Fri Sep 12 02:19:48 2014] [10117231] [fcgid:warn] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 120 seconds
    [Fri Sep 12 02:19:48 2014] [10117231] End of script output before headers: index.php
    [Fri Sep 12 02:19:51 2014] [10117231] [fcgid:warn] mod_fcgid: can’t apply process slot for /web/cgi-bin/php-fcgi

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

I have checked your issue, translation does not work because 2 errors below:
    – First Issue: You Google API key is not activated, as error message returned from Google translate service.
    [PHP]object(Exception)#206 (7) {
    [“message”:protected]=> string(97) “Access Not Configured. Please use Google Developers Console to activate the API for your project.”
    [“string”:”Exception”:private]=> string(0) “”
    [“code”:protected]=> int(0)
    [“file”:protected]=> string(105) “/home/content/31/10117231/html/administrator/components/com_jalang/helpers/translator/adapters/google.php”
    [“line”:protected]=> int(60)
    [“trace”:”Exception”:private]=> array(12) {
    [0]=> array(6) {
    [“file”]=> string(105) “/home/content/31/10117231/html/administrator/components/com_jalang/helpers/translator/adapters/google.php”
    [“line”]=> int(138) [“function”]=> string(9) “translate”
    [“class”]=> string(28) “JalangHelperTranslatorGoogle”
    [“type”]=> string(2) “->”
    [“args”]=> array(1) {
    [0]=> array(4) { [0]=>
    string(10) “Skateparks” [1]=> string(13571) “[/PHP]

<blockquote>Access Not Configured. Please use Google Developers Console to activate the API for your project.</blockquote>

I have used my Bing translate API account for testing, and it work properly. As you can see in Association Manager page, some items has been translated into German

administrator/index.php?option=com_jalang&view=items&itemtype=categories

– 2nd Issue: Timeout error

This issue make translation is incompleted and return Fatal error message.
    Since your server is might install mod_fcgid, so some functions that we used in code to extend time limit and memory limit will not affected (for detailed information, they are two functions: set_time_limit() and ini_set()). Please ask your hosting provider for how to extension these setting in this case.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum