Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I made the misstake to upgrade to j 1.7, now i cant see the site. Only a blank page.
    Using Rasite template.

Urgent help needed!! Suggestions?

/ Z

jneubauer Friend

Could you provide us with a domain or admin login to look at it and see what is missing?
    If you’d like you should be able to submit a support ticket for help with us there!

TomC Moderator

<em>@zentering 260423 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi all,

I made the misstake to upgrade to j 1.7, now i cant see the site. Only a blank page.
    Using Rasite template.

Urgent help needed!! Suggestions?

/ Z</blockquote>
    The actual problem is that JA Rasite is not (yet) compatible with J1.7.

It’s always a wise idea to check the particular template and/or extension information before running to upgrade to the “new shiny toy” —> The SMART & SENSIBLE Way To Upgrade

Fortunately, there are a couple of ways you can try to fix and/or recover from this . . . . .

1. See this information regarding JA’s T3 Framework Hotfix for Joomla 1.7

or

2. Chances are your MySQL database(s) are safe and sound within your phpMyAdmin – which you should be able to easily access through your webhost CPanel. What you can do BACK-UP your MySQL databases (save them to a folder on your desktop) and then clear out your former template installation (including dropping/deleting your former databases) and RE-INSTALL using a fresh installation. Re-establish your databases through your MySQL database wizard (through your webhost CPanel) and then import your backed-up database tables into the re-established databases. At that point, things should be back to normal for you. (I’ve actually performed these exact steps twice – both successfully).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum