Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I wanted to add a switch to change from mobile to desktop version in JA Biz and I followed this thread
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/mobile-version-option-to-switch-from-mobile-to-full-site/

Please don’t kill me 🙂

So I added to the file templates/ja_biz/tpls/blocks/footer.php the following code:

[PHP]<?php
    $handheld_view = $this->getParam(‘ui’);
    $switch_to = $handheld_view==’desktop’?’mobile’:’desktop’;
    $text = $handheld_view==’desktop’?’MOBILE_VERSION’:’DESKTOP_VERSION’;
    ?>
    <a class=”ja-tool-switchlayout toggle button btn-switchlayout” href=”<?php echo JURI::base()?>?ui=<?php echo $switch_to?>” onclick=”return confirm(‘<?php echo JText::_(‘SWITCH_TO_STANDARD_MODE_CONFIRMATION’)?>’);” title=”<?php echo JText::_($text)?>” ><span><?php echo JText::_($text)?></span></a>[/PHP]

After a first trial (and error) I removed these lines again. Nevertheless now on mobile devices it still shows my JA/T3 Slideshow, which shouldn’t be since there are min-width switches to hide the slideshow on mobile devices. Did the code above set a switch in Joomla which I can reset? Trying to delete all cookies etc. from the mobile device and additionally the cache did not help.

Thanks in advance for any hints!

PS: As the slideshow is based on T3, I was temporarily able to fix the behavior by adding
    @media (max-width: 490px) {

.t3-slideshow {
    display: none !important;
    }
    }

to the custom.css of JA Biz. Nevertheless it was strange that the normal CSS didn’t work anymore (didn’t make any changes there before)

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI
    i think its not possible in responsive templates to switch on desktop view .
    above thread that you followed is for non responsive websites .
    but i am sending it to development team for further review on it .
    Please wait for there reply

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum