Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi
    Does anyone have any idea how to modify jacontentslider to actually display Virtuemart products?
    One thing that Orisite is lacking is possibility to show some featured or most popular virtuemart products and i thought about using jacontentslider to do it. Before i start checking by myself, did anyone think about it before and made some code hack?

best regards

TomC Moderator

<em>@riomega 313558 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    Does anyone have any idea how to modify jacontentslider to actually display Virtuemart products?
    One thing that Orisite is lacking is possibility to show some featured or most popular virtuemart products and i thought about using jacontentslider to do it. Before i start checking by myself, did anyone think about it before and made some code hack?

best regards</blockquote>
    I’m not certain this can be accomplished using ContentSlider – unless you are able to figure out how to specify the source content id(s) for the product items within your VIrtueMart catalog. It likely would involve a code hack.

I am almost 100% positive that there are slider extensions available specifically for use with VirtueMart.
    Try browsing through the VirtueMart Extensions Directory for various options.

riomega Friend

for now VMED is unuseful, there are only few additional modules for VM 2.0, and there is no function that allow filtering by VM version when browsing extensions directory.
    i was certain that it would be difficult to achieve (to show products from VM in Content Slider) but i think it’s about only way i can get a good looking content slider that would fit to orisite look.

swissa Friend

You could try asking for a “quote” on joomlancers.com. For example, I have a content slider adapted for JoomShopping. 😉

TomC Moderator

swissa’s idea is certainly another option, for sure . . .

I am a firm believer that just about anything can be achieved within “the code” … though some issues (obviously) require a bit more thought/method, trial-and-error and – most importantly – patience.

riomega Friend

i went back to traditional VM_Product module, but in order to make it work in ja_tabs position i had to make some corrections:
    1) in modules/mod_virtuemart_product/tmpl/default.php
    change in line #9:
    if ($products_per_row > 1) { $float=”left”;}

originlly there was something like ” floatleft”

2) in module settings in backend i chose to show 5 products and 5 products in a row.

it works just fine.

TomC Moderator

CONGRATULATIONS … GREAT JOB !!!

As I said previously …. I believe just about anything can be achieved within “the code” … though some issues (obviously) require a bit more thought/method, trial-and-error and – most importantly – patience

🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum