Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

We are using the mod_janews_fp but when clicking on a new article, it takes you to the wrong section / category.

It seems that the mod_janews_fp appends the itemid of the leading article to all other links.

Please look here : http://www.eastrand.co.za

You will see the mod_janews_fp on the frontpage with some articles. When you click on one of the other articles (not the leading one) it shows the section / category of the leading article.

This is a problem with the itemid

Anyone know how i can fix this? It seems silly that an article about GTA4 takes you to the section for WORLD / AFRICA news (because the leading story is about Africa)

I hope i made sense.

Pontikos Friend

Does nobody else have this problem or is nobody interested to reply? Perhaps the next time my subscription lapses, i should just leave it and join another Joomla! template club.

If you dont’ understand what i mean, visit http://www.eastrand.co.za and you will see that when you click to read an article from the mod_janews_fp (at the top of the page) it goes to the MAIN ARTICLE’S section / category and not the section / category that the article is actually in.

Sherlock Friend

Hi.
    plz download this file 1488, unzip and copy overwrite to modulesja_news_fptmpl folder

VisiGod Friend

There is the same issue with the hot topics module when the SEF is on 🙂

andrew40 Friend

What does tis file do that was not in the quickstart release?

andrew40 Friend

Using this file gives

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sefRelToAbs() in /home/webadmin/clients.parysnet.net/html/tca/modules/mod_janews_fp/tmpl/default_fp.php on line 23

Sherlock Friend

It is file for joomla 1.0, JA will update it today

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum