Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello Everyone,

Instead of RSGallery Slide show at user5, I installed and published there Mod_jaslideshow.
    Everything is working properly.
    But I need some help to fix the slidebar actyally displayed vertically. I would like it horizontally displayed. This can be seen visiting this link

In advance Thanks.
    -Charles
    Joomla 1.5../ ja_avian_ii_l / php 4.4.9

cjmicro Friend

Wouldn’t the module parameters width & height help this? You can set the width/height of the slideshow in the parameters of the module.
    Cheryl

hcharly Friend

Hello Cheryl

<em>@cjmicro 110155 wrote:</em><blockquote>Wouldn’t the module parameters width & height help this? You can set the width/height of the slideshow in the parameters of the module.
    Cheryl</blockquote>

I make some adjustments to the width/height; but the problem seems to concern a css or php edit.
    May be both.
    In this image, you may find in green color how I excepted the slidebar to display.

I appreciate your help.
    -Charles

hcharly Friend

I did it.
    The slidebar class was missing in the template.css.
    That’s normal since Mod_jaslideshow wasn’t included in the Avian template.
    -Charles

cjmicro Friend

Good job! thanks for posting the solution. I had a similar issue with captions and found that I also had to copy some of the css from another template. Hopefully this will help someone else too.

Cheryl

hcharly Friend

Hi all,

Here is a problem I found in mod_jaslideshow and the way I solved it.

The problem:
    Beyond http:// declaration, double slashes should not be present in valid URLs.
    The “//” is rather used by hackers for code injections.

If you block the double slash in your htaccess (RedirectMatch 403 //), you’ll get a lot of 403 errcode in your log file.

This is due to mod_jaslideshow which is using “REQUEST_URI : //modules/mod_jaslideshow/ja_slideshow/” to get ja-slideshow.js and ja-slideshow.css.

The solution:
    To block this kind of hack attempts and continue to use jaslideshow, you need to edit /modules/mod_jaslideshow/mod_jaslideshow.php changing from line 185 to 191 every
    JURI::base().'/modules/mod_jaslideshow/ja_slideshow/
    to
    JURI::base().'modules/mod_jaslideshow/ja_slideshow/

In my case, I receive a mail at each 403 errorcode. The mod_jaslideshow being at home page, I had a very bad surprise.

That’s all.
    Hope this helps someone.
    -Charles

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hcharly 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum