Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I bought the JA Job Board component and I’m not too certain of the functionality for my client. the demo url is http://editmycv.dmmdesignsng.com/

1.) I need to build different CV editing services package as seen on the services package

2.) There is no need for employers involvement on the site right now, that will come later in the future

3.) Also, Can I create a new form (so that users can just upload their CV) which is what is required for the CV service that we offer,

4.) I will like to change the label ‘Register as a Job Seeker” label to say Register on editmyCV. Client does not like the word ‘job seeker’.

Thanks

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello renzguy,

regarding your questions:

#1. please tell me more detail about your requirment for this feature

#2. you can disable ‘Register as an Employer’ link on register form (this setting is avaialbe in JA Jobboard menu module)

#3. our component allows you to modify major forms are “post job” form, “employer profile” form, “resume” form, “application” form. So you can customize (add/edit/remove/enable/disable fields) these forms as you want. This feature can be found in Jobbaord back-end >> Form customization menu

#4. You can these words in language files of Jobboard extensions. All language files for front-end are placed in the folder:
    language/en-GB/

renzguy Friend

Hiya,

Thanks for your help.

I have had to use breezing form component and virtuemart to create the CV services package and payment. If you want to see what it;s like, you can check it here and go through the order process (it is still a development site). Choose bank payment to complete checkout.

2.) The other really important aspect now is to create a CV distribution service and I really hope jobboard can help me accomplish this. Basically, job seekers will pay for theirs CVs to be distributed to employers.

My Client wants a CV distribution service and I purchased Job board to do this, however I am not too sure it could or I dont know how to configure it.

This is a simple list of what the client wants

1.) For employers to register or for my client import a database (employer registration is free) (I know this is possible)

2.) Job seekers will register and upload their CV (paid service) and their CVs will be automatically sent to employers that match the job seekers selections of (industry / location /) etc.

3.) Job seekers to know which employer received their CVs and be able to contact them.

4.) Employers to get e-mail of the jobseeker profile and a link to the CV.

Things that the site is not for

1.) No posting of jobs by employers
    2.) Job seekers are not applying for any specific vacancies.

I’ll really appreciate if I can understand how to configure job-board to achieve this.

Thanks,

NB – I have posted the same issue in another thread. Sorry about that.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello renzguy,

I have replied your question in the thread

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?p=335481#post335481

I have a few comments about your CV distribution service, I’m not sure that they are correct or not. But I hope that they are useful with you 🙂

– in the basically, I think your service has the same function with Jobboard system. It only swap a role of Job seeker and Employer, because:
    + the posting a CV action of Job seeker in your system is corresponding with the posting a job of Employer in JB

+ notify to Employer about new CV in your system is corresponding with “Job Alert” feature in JB

+ apply Job in JB will match with some action in your system (I guess 🙂 )

If you see above opinions are correct, you can try to rename of some object in JB to work as your requirement.

renzguy Friend

<em>@Dead Code 335550 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello renzguy,

I have a few comments about your CV distribution service, I’m not sure that they are correct or not. But I hope that they are useful with you 🙂

– in the basically, I think your service has the same function with Jobboard system. It only swap a role of Job seeker and Employer, because:
    + the posting a CV action of Job seeker in your system is corresponding with the posting a job of Employer in JB

+ notify to Employer about new CV in your system is corresponding with “Job Alert” feature in JB

+ apply Job in JB will match with some action in your system (I guess 🙂 )

If you see above opinions are correct, you can try to rename of some object in JB to work as your requirement.</blockquote>

I think you are right with the role swapping of JB roles to meet my system requirements.

With the first two points above, definitely looks like it. and I am sure the third one could possibly create the system where the jobseeker know the CV has been opened (i.e where employer know someone has applied for a job in your system)

My question to you will be “If I am to swap the roles (and in essence redo how JB works, how much work will that be?”.

Can I get someone that can talk me through the changes I’ll need to do?

Also, what will you advise be?, stick with JB or find another system.

The project is a fixed cost project, so if I go over budget it is my problem, and I close to going over budget cos I have invested in 2 systems already. (lol), so any help to make JB work is very appreciated.

Cheers mate.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

For the first two points, I think that you only need update language file to swap “Employer” text and “Job Seeker” text.

I’m notice that, I can provide more support if you do as this way, because we do not support for custom work. But you can find a developer in our freelancer marketplace for outsourcing development at
    http://www.joomlancers.com/

renzguy Friend

Hi,

I sent you a private message.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello again,

I replied you a PM. Please have a look

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum