Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

I’m new to Joomla and already I’m stuck.

I’ve setup a webserver, installed Joomla, t3 framework and Purity 3. That bit is fine, but I’m a bit worried modifying the layout. Essentially I want to do a locked header that doesn’t scroll with the page, keeps the logo in a fixed position and hanging over the header.

So, I found my way to ‘Template Manager > Customise Template > template.css’, I believe i’m in the correct place to make these changes.

I’ve created an example of what I’m trying to achieve:
    http://peted83-test.my-free.website/

Could someone please advise me if making the modifications to the header to make it look like that test site would break anything at all in purity elsewhere that I might just not be considering fully.

Thanks

Pete

TomC Moderator

It would be helpful if you could provide the url of the site you’re working on

peted83 Friend

<em>@TomC 468584 wrote:</em><blockquote>It would be helpful if you could provide the url of the site you’re working on</blockquote>

Hi Tom,

The site I’m working on is not available externally, however it is nothing more than the purity default template at the minute. I’ll attach some screenshots later today.

peted83 Friend

Hi,

I’ve added a screenshot of the purity layout as it stands by default.

I’ve also attached a poor image quickly done in paint to represent what I am trying to achieve. As mentioned previously, essentially I want the header to appear exactly like it does in this site: http://peted83-test.my-free.website/

Is it possible to alter the placement of the logo and nav menu in the purity layout and if I do it is there anything that it will break?

Thanks

Pete

1. purity-3
    2. purity-3-mods
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Pete,

You can try adding some css rule as below:

@media (min-width: 991px) {
    .t3-mainnav > .container {
    width: 1400px; <<< or change to the value which suits your need
    }
    }

.t3-mainnav .t3-navbar {
    padding-right: 75px;
    float: right;
    }

into the file: /templates/purity_iii/css/custom.css (create this file if it doesn’t exist)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum