Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Having purchased the Developers license, I am frankly growing very frustrated with the dichotomy of Joomlart. On one hand, you have probably the most sophisticated templates available from any of the professional developers. But, on the other hand, you completely fail to provide some of the most obvious and basic information for each of the templates, namely a visual module position diagram and the list of and examples of the built in module class suffixes. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever as these two items are so simple to execute.

I have attached two images that demonstrate what your major competition does for every template release. For all developers, having this information at your fingertips for quick reference is an incredible time saver. I realize you make it very easy to add my own module class suffix styling, but I am more interested in what you have already built into the template, why would I want to duplicate your efforts or recreate the wheel?

I am working currently on a site build using Community Plus and it is extremely frustrating trying to figure out what the suffixes are that you used in creating this template and the available options.

Why are you making it so difficult for your members to enjoy the rich and robust styling that you have made available????

So again I ask the very simple question…Where can I go to see what all of the inbuilt module class suffixes are for Community Plus???

1. position-3
    2. module-class-suffix-examples
    Phill Moderator

On this one I agree. I know we can type ?tp=1 to the url but it would be far simpler to include the module positions. Finding all the suffixes is also a pain and something that has been mentioned many times before. Sometimes they are listed in the instructions page but other times they are overlooked.

I’ll flag this one up and see if anything can be done.

korb Friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzbqpbOQaGQ

I am in for the module class suffixes idea.
    Good day,
    Danny

Anonymous Moderator

Hi alpinevp,

It is true that JA has tons of works to improve the documentation system and make it compatible with JA products’ features. Specific plans are being realized for better userguide, video tutorials which hopefully come out soon for all’s conveniences.

For now, pls check again the JA community plus userguide as it has been updated, clearly define what includes/not include module class suffixes & link to full module position

Thanks

alpinevp Friend

As to the issue of module class suffixes, what you display above in the tutorial is only the suffixes used to style the demo, it does not tell us ALL of the module class suffixes that were created for the template. You guys have taken the time to create some excellent templates, don’t you want your customers to enjoy and maximize their capabilities to the fullest as you created? See attached above example in first post of a competitors example of all module class suffixes. This is all you have to do to display all of the mod class suffix variations. It really is that simple.

1. JoomlArt-Forums_1289441340778
    Phill Moderator

Hopefully the above link should be working now. As for the suffixes, work is in the pipeline to improve on those.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum