Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am not exactly sure how to describe this, but special styling for first word seems to be modestly broke and standard browser font zoom (Firefox) and more significantly broke and increased zoom.

It seems that the rounded corner styling/button starts to repeat vertically as you can see a trace at normal zoom, but is significant at increased zoom.

I also seem some repeat on main menu items when they’re active. You can see this on the ja rasite demo. Take a look at:

“Today’s” Highlights
    “Nulla” Volutpat

How do you fix this?

khoand Friend

Hi,
    I tested firefox 4.0, it works normally. I don’t know that I understand you mean exactly. Could you give me a snapshot with your annotation?

Bob Meetin Friend

I added an attachment. I did the left side screencaptures at 100% zoom and both right images at +3 in Firefox. The top images are from the main menu and the bottom from a right column h3 header. With both you see the top sliver of a second box just underneath the bottom of the main container box. It makes the box appear broken, discontinuous.

The other problem with these buttons is that the rounded corner container is so narrow in height that modest browser zoom, perhaps 4-5 steps, pushes the text out of the box.

1. evie-screencapture
    khoand Friend

Does it happen to your website or demo? Could you give me a link to your website?

Bob Meetin Friend

I see this on your demo and on the website I’m building. See http://www.eviealo.com/ja_rasite
    The theme is great but this flaw is apparent enough that it causes the viewer to wonder whether it’s by design or flawed.

khoand Friend

Because you turn on Zoom text only, so you just turn it off (View–>Zoom–>Zoom text only)

Bob Meetin Friend

I see this with font at normal zoom, but it is not as apparent. It just looks weird. I zoom the font size to see if it was indeed real or not and the zoom confirms this. In general for good accessibility purposes you ought to be able to zoom text size at least 2 increments larger or smaller for the audience. Lots of people have compromised vision and/or just plain prefer to raise the font size for reading.

Bob Meetin Friend

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bob Meetin 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum