Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have the Rasite Template,

Whenever I try to install a new extension or module I get a weird error that states

JFolder::create: Infinite loop detected
    Warning! Failed to move file.

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (‘.:/tmp:/home/vonfinan/domains:/home/vonfinan/public_html’) in /home/vonfinan/domains/vonfinancial.com/public_html/libraries/joomla/filesystem/folder.php on line 392

I double checked in my global configuration to make sure both of my TMP & Logs fields are pointing to the correct directory & they are. I keep getting this error, I’ve got a screenshot attached

Hopefully someone can help – Thanks!

1. extension-installation-error
    Saguaros Moderator

Dear vaughn!

I guess the problem is from the path of “tmp” folder and the path of ‘log’ folder in the configuraiton.php file, may be you have moved your site to a new host or new folder and your forgot re-configure those path.

pls open the file conifguration.php and find codes:
    [PHP]
    var $log_path = ‘PATH_YOUR_WEBSITElogs’;
    var $tmp_path = ‘PATH_YOUR_WEBSITEtmp’;
    [/PHP]
    pls check this

vaughn Friend

You know I did move hosting companies, but I made sure to update the TMP & Log paths – I’ve got a screenshot of my configuration.php file attached – you can see I’ve got the correct paths

Any other ideas… Could it be a base direct error?

1. correctlogpaths
    Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear vaughn,

As the path in your error points to joomla core files, its a server related problem. you can check google with the error and it seems to be common problem.

Please read through the following links, they might be helpful.

probable solution >> http://sammoffatt.com.au/os/forum/2-update-manager/2-error-running-component-infinite-loop-detected

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=488835&start=0 << ask your host about expanding the open_basedir restrictions in PHP.

Regards

Arvind

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum