Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

This may not be directly a mageia question but I am using the mageia template. I have installed a few modules and they appear to be owned by user 99. Therefore I’m unable to edit their css style sheet through my ftp. I tried changing user and group attributes but to no avail. Is there a way around this?

Thanks
    Jason.

nguyenhuu quang Friend

hi Jackson
    pls send live site
    and more descript allow me to help you

jasgrif1123 Friend

The live site is http://www.net-working.ie/joomla. I installed a seperate login module but its owned by user 99 and I want to edit its css and other parameters using ftp but it won’t allow me to change its ownership or permissions. Any ideas?

nguyenhuu quang Friend

http://www.net-working.ie/joomla/?tp=1
    where user 99?
    I cant see it

jasgrif1123 Friend

The module is user5 and its a seperate login module to the default login that comes with joomla. The css style sheet associated with this module is owned by 99

scotty Friend

Quang he’s talking about file ownership on the server I think.

Did you install the module in the usual way? or did you use Joomlas ‘FTP layer’ or did you manually install? All 3 will give a different owner.

Joomla should ‘assume’ your apache user but this is not always the case depending on apache and server configuration. This is what the ‘FTP layer’ module in Joomla is for – to by pass these permission problems (It’s just as fast and more secure than the normal install method). No idea where ’99’ is coming from. Do you have a FTP user on your account with the username ’99’ maybe?

Phill Moderator

I think digiweb in Ireland use this silly naming system on their hosting. If this is who you are using then speak to them and they should be able to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum