Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am having trouble replicating the formating of the template. What do I do to put content in the User 1, 2, and 3 positions?

I don’t know what to publish to those positions to have the same effect as is on the ‘demo’.

Any ideas?

TomC Moderator

It’s difficult for anyone to tell you what to put onto your website.

Nevertheless, if you want your Quillaja site to resemble the demo, it would appear that you can put various headline news of interest related to the subject matter of your website. I assume you know how to use your Joomla Administration Control Panel to add content to your site – correct?

fightingmongoose Friend

I know how to place content. I’m just having a hard time figuring out how to publish content to just those content places.

TomC Moderator

<em>@fightingmongoose 18177 wrote:</em><blockquote>I know how to place content. I’m just having a hard time figuring out how to publish content to just those content places.</blockquote>

Well, generally you would simply assign whatever content module you want to the particular position you want to designate.
    Perhaps I’m not quite understanding what the issue is with publishing content into the positions you want.

Also, here is a module that I absolutely love — Custom Mod-PHP[/url].

It allows you to enter virtually any kind of html, javascript, and/or php code into any designated module position.
    Basically, it’s an uber-customization module.

😎

funk999 Friend

clearly not, maybe try to read the question.

fightingmongose please if you have a solution please post it here

Bryan Villeneuve Friend

Just create a new module

site modules —-> new

Publish it to user1 or user2 (I don’t think there is a user3) user5, user6 for the top.

Put your content in the “Custom Output” section of the module. Note you can use HTML in the custom output.

Hope this helps.

Bird

mpimagery Friend

<em>@fightingmongoose 18177 wrote:</em><blockquote>I know how to place content. I’m just having a hard time figuring out how to publish content to just those content places.</blockquote>

Hi

To publish content to those top modules, user1, user2, user5 and user6, you need to manually publish the content in the module.

So go into your admin panel -> modules -> site modules and locate those particular modules and you’ll see that the content is actually published in there.

I’ve got this template up and running at http://www.withtheband.com.au if you want to check it out.

mrgmt Friend

Hey Guys

I have combed this forum for an answer, see I’m having one real dumb blonde moment not that I am blonde but any how, this thread is the nearest I have come,

Can some one please tell me which module I need to use to get the catagory content to show with the photo and text just like the four blocks at the top in the demo,

Please someone all I need to know is which module

Many thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mrgmt 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum