Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi guys!

This is my first post – Joomla newbie here.

I have a question I’m hoping someone can help me figure out… I’m working on the JA Fagus template and I’d like a rotating image instead of the only one static topimg.png that is included with the template.

So what I did was create a blank image and replaced the topimg.png with it and I’m trying to position the mod_random_image in the ‘Top’ position. However, the image appears to the right.

How can I control the alignment of the image?

I’ve checked out the CSS files but there is nothing like padding or module position. So I looked into the includes folder for the Joomla installation to see if there were any PHP/CSS files I need to modify so that the image position can be moved around. But, my skills don’t help me that far.

One thing I did notice is that if I went into the Image Extension I had an optioin to specify a “Module Class Suffix”. I simply put in there ‘mysuffix’ and saved it and it centered the image on the Top. Hmmmm. I think I’m close. Maybe I need to mess with mysuffix some more? Maybe I am totally off and making an azz of myself. Donno.

If anyone can point me in the right direction where I can get info on understanding more about module positioning in Joomla I would greatly appreciate it. Or if there is a way to mess with JA Fagus itself that will help me here.

Thanks guys!

Oh BTW, my installation info is here:
    Joomla Version: 1.5.7
    Website Location: http://208.185.81.87
    Using the Latest JA Fagus Template

Thanks!

scotty Friend

The module suffix are extra options that are written into some joomlart templates. It allows you to have different style modules.

From the Fagus userguide…

1. To display a module with no title (no h3) please add suffix “-notitle” to that module class suffix

2. To HiLite a module, please add suffix “-hilite” to that module class suffix

3. To add a div inside the module (see JA Fagus demo >> Top Artist module) you have to add class “ja-innerdiv” to that div.
    For example: <div class=”ja-innerdiv”>

4. Requirement of Design concept:

• Top Module always on
    • Top Module has no title

So by adding your own suffix name ‘mysuffix’ you have set a style that does not exist and removed the proper fagus module styling.

I’m pretty new to this as well so I’m kind of learning by trial and error as I go along but I think I can help a little here…

First remove the suffix you added. Then go to line 1478 of template.css…

#ja-topsl .ja-newflash .moduletable {
    padding:0 20px 0 400px;
    width:500px;

This controls the container for the TOP module position. So…. your image is in the center of the 500px container and the container is padded 400px to the right. If you make the width the same as your image width and remove the 400px padding then your image should be on the left of that box you want it in.

So try something like this…

#ja-topsl .ja-newflash .moduletable {
    padding: 1px 0 0 6px;
    width: ?????px;

Make the width the same as the width of your images. Because the TOP container is slightly bigger than the box it goes into it looks better if we keep 1px padding on top and 6px on the left.

Do you wish to have your images fill the whole way across that box? If so I’d make them about 908px x 178px but I have no Fagus to test on so you will have to try that size and maybe play around with it a bit it ’til you get it right.

Good luck and welcome to the forums!!

bluebeep Friend

Hi scotty,

Thanks very much for your quick and helpful reply. I’ve had good luck after testing out your directions.

I have a couple of further questions…
    – I’d like these random images that appear in the module to be left aligned rather than centered. Should modify the CSS in the same container?

– When I add the JA Newsflash module to this (in the Top position), I find it moves to the left as well. I get they are in the same Top position but I’m wondering do I need to make a subcontainer to have both modules display side by side? Ideally what I’d like is to have the random image on the left of the Top position and the JA Newsflash on the right (this way I can showcase some of the products and have the newsflash rotate some text).

– You mentioned a userguide for the JA Fagus… I have a feeling that I’ll have to bother you a lot less if I can get my hands on it. I’ve downloaded all the files for the JA Fagus in the downloads area and none have this guide. Has Joomlart removed it or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks once again!

scotty Friend

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-fagus-userguide-2/

I’ll get back to you on the other stuff 🙂

rspeiser Friend

Hey this is exactly what I’m trying to do. I created a new module position, but I’m having trouble with the image from the Random Image module being centered. There’s an align=center showing up from somewhere.

How far did you get on this?

Thanks.

bluebeep Friend

Hi rspeiser,

I found a hack that allows me NOT to put the random image… I convinced my client to consider otherwise.

I really wish I had more info for you. I’m glad scotty came along to point me in some direction which allowed me to get the site completed.

If you’re wondering, here’s the site: http://www.rattanfurniturecentre.com/

BTW, if you do find a way around the random image thing, please let me know. I’d like to get it up there if I can.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bluebeep 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum