Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I have customized the template and added a number of new positons. Positions show up when I am in the template manager area and access the layout tab. When I am in the module mode and attempt to assign a position, only the default template positions show up.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI
    Please check the you correctly defined the new module position with all parameters .
    Here is a user guide to add new module positions .
    Please check you defined the module position in templatedetails/xml file .
    + check the layouts that you are using for menu items .

If still face issue share the module positions name that you defined so i will check it on your site.

allenjj Friend

I have followed the guide when adding the positions. I have used the same positions on my production site, and this is a development site with the updated template.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@allenjj 461363 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have followed the guide when adding the positions. I have used the same positions on my production site, and this is a development site with the updated template.</blockquote>

Hi Please share the module position name the you added with the file path . So i will check it on your backend .

allenjj Friend

i added the following module positions as blocks and included them in the httpdocs/templates/ja_social_t3/local/tpls
    The blocks are identified in the blocks directory and the blocks are loaded in the customized.php file
    Here are the blocks that were added: ad-spotlight-1, ad-spotlight-2, ad-spotlight-3, ad-spotlight-4, footer1, footer2

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    It would be helpfule if you will share the module position name so i can check the setting on site backend .
    Whenever you will add a new position in the template php file . you need to also add the module position name in the TemplateDetails.xml file , Present in Your JA template directory .
    you need to define module positions inside the blocks without adding position name , its not possible to use them on site.
    Please check it if not working send me admin details and module position names so i will check it on your site.

allenjj Friend

The postions show up when I log into the back end and use the customized template, however I can not assign any module to the new positions even though they show up as blocks in the template layout. I would like to create a socialads module and assign it to the ad-spotlight-1 position. I have included the log in info, so please let me know what else you need.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    I checked you site
    <blockquote>Whenever you will add a new position in the template php file . you need to also add the module position name in the TemplateDetails.xml file , Present in Your JA template directory .</blockquote>
    As i mentioned you need to define module position name in templatedetails.xml file that you have not added so its not showing the module position name in the module.
    I added ad-1 position in the templatedetails.xml file >>> http://prntscr.com/6fbfws
    Now you can see module position name >>> http://prntscr.com/6fbg6y

Do the Same for Other module positions . It will work .

Note : JA Social is compatible with Joomla 3.3 only . DO not update your Joomla to 3.4 without official update . if you are updating then always take backup of your site.

allenjj Friend

Is there an update or when might one be available for 3.4 for JASocial?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<blockquote>Is there an update or when might one be available for 3.4 for JASocial?</blockquote>
    Hello
    Development Team started working on Updates of template/extensions on Priority basis .
    Currently i can not give you an exact time for this .
    Read our blog for latest news and updates .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum