Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi, i’ve read the instructions about “Creating a new module position” and i am ok with it, it is very simple!

I can’t understand how i configure the new module i.e. user20 to show at a new place on my template for example under the main body of my webpage, or at the footer.

Do i have to “play” with the css to define a new module position at the template? or it is much more simpler than that?

And if i don’t want to have the left module on the frontpage but to use that space the mainbody i simply un-publish the right module?

Thank you.

TomC Moderator

<em>@davikos 75530 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Do i have to “play” with the css to define a new module position at the template? or it is much more simpler than that?[/quote]
    Assuming that you want the particular module to have it’s own style and positioning . . . yes, you will need to create a relative css class/rule for the new div position you have created. If you are not altogether comfortable with creating CSS rules from scratch, a helpful way to learn is to cut-and-paste a similar existing rule – rename it, of course, to correspond with your new div position – and then experiment with the various parameters until you get the result you want.

The end result – not only will you achieve the effect you wanted, but you will have learned more about the various parameters you can work with in css web design.

davikosAnd if i don’t want to have the left module on the frontpage but to use that space the mainbody i simply un-publish the right module?

You can assign a module to whatever pages you like – and this is done within the “Menu Selection” area within the module configurations itself. The menu items correspond to pages within your site.

Hope that helps.

Menalto Friend

Did you manage to solve this? if so please mark this as solved, if not and you still need help please post here again and include your joomla version, template verison and a description of your problem if different from before.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Menalto 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum