Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’m new to this so please bear with me. Here are my questions:

1) I have followed the help instructions and managed to install the template itself. Step 2 says to install the modules. Unfortunately, I do not have a ZIP file containing these modules. Am I missing something here? The only ZIP file in the installation file that I downloaded contained the Newsflash module. I am assuming that there are others, however! Please help!

2) I switched from the Default template to the new Joomlart Template (JA Mageia). However, when I am in the Control Panel looking through Content, none of the Content matches the new template. It still reflects the old one. This doesn’t make any sense to me. Did I do something wrong? How can I change this?

3) I wanted to change both the logo and the header image. After excessive searching I found the image files in the directory that needed to be replaced (NOT via the Control Panel — shouldn’t this be doable via the Control Panel?) Anyways, when I attempted to upload the new logo, I received an error stating that my directory isn’t writable. So, I attempted to make the directory writable but keep receiving error messages. Therefore I am unable to change these images.

I realize I am asking many questions, but I’m totally confused and any help that can be offered is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you.
    Michele

Sherlock Friend

Hi five49x2 !
    1, JA Megeia package for 1.0 only includes template package and newflash module package , What module do you want to use ?
    2, I have viewed your site ,it’s working with JA Megeia template , Did you change it ?
    3, You must change permission for templates folder , set permission for it to “777”

five49x2 Friend

Hi hainn84,

Thank you for your reply!

There are no modules that I would like to use specifically; but since the installation instructions said to install the module file, I got confused. As long as it looks like its working, I guess things are okay.

Regarding changing the permissions on the templates folder: in fact, the templates folder has the permissions set to 777. However, I am still unable to change the logo image. I don’t know what to do!

Please advise! Thank you much.

Michele

Sherlock Friend

Hi five49x2 !
    do’nt you still overwrite logo image file ? You can send FTP account and new logo image i will check it for you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum