Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

using custom.css creating I created a module suffix. The main purpose it to have no background /well. It is working and being recognized by the browser however it is overriding only partially even when I use !important.

So for example if I made the background color black. That works. However if I change to none or transparent then the background reverts to White. This is because

The templates.ja_social_ii.less.modules.less.css:35 seems to be taking priority:

.module-ct {
    background: #FFF none repeat scroll 0% 0%;
    color: inherit;
    padding: 0px;
    }

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly share your working site url here , and add a screenshot of the module where you facing this issue .
    You need to use !important in custom.css to override style.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly share your working site url here , and add a screenshot of the module where you facing this issue .
    You need to use !important in custom.css to override style.

Paul Massell Friend

thank you for the reply. As I stated, I used !important. This is on a development server.

Same thing happens on your demo site. If I go to the ja social ii demo and go to one of the pages with a module in one of the sidebars, then use web developer tools and change a background color, you can see the same css overriding it. This is a screenshot from YOUR demo site:

Paul Massell Friend

thank you for the reply. As I stated, I used !important. This is on a development server.

Same thing happens on your demo site. If I go to the ja social ii demo and go to one of the pages with a module in one of the sidebars, then use web developer tools and change a background color, you can see the same css overriding it. This is a screenshot from YOUR demo site:

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In this case its hard to assume the issue , kindly put the site live and share the site url and screenshot of the module here .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In this case its hard to assume the issue , kindly put the site live and share the site url and screenshot of the module here .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum