Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Where are the module class suffixes at? I didn’t see them on the demo site of Zinc.

Thanks,
    LMW1

sunrise Friend

Hi there Imw1,

Module suffixes are found in the modules. Go to Extensions/Modules, and then ope any module you are woking on.

Usually on the right you fill find Module Class suffix. this corresponds with CSS styling to give the module a different color or style. Add -green or whatever the suffix is, adn the module will use the corresponding CSS.

lmw1 Friend

Is there anywhere that shows what they look like ‘before’ I assign them a suffix?

sunrise Friend

You can just try with one suffix, refresh your browser and have a look. They try another suffix. Then if you don’t like any of them, try without a suffix to get the default version. Trying different versions is quite simple and no in any way permanent. Have fun trying them all.

lmw1 Friend

I totally understand what you’re saying, however my dilemma is what are my choices? If I put any old color in there or suffix that I make up, what if there’s no pre-styled suffix for it?

What file are all the module class suffixes in so I can use them as a guide and pick what I want and don’t want to use?

I’m trying to style the login module and _hilite doesn’t work, _black doesn’t work. So I’m assuming they don’t exist, right?

Where are the pre-styled suffixes located?

Hope this isn’t to confusing. Should be a really simple matter.

Respectfully,
    LMW1

cjmicro Friend

I think LM is asking where the module styles are listed so you know what to put in the suffix area.

If that is the case, if you go to the joomlart main page, and click the link to “available templates” on the left menu, you will come to the pages with the template thumbnail, etc. Find the one you want and click it to read more, and at the bottom there is a module position diagram and then a list of some of the features, including suffix, below. I would think this info is also in the userguide.

Some templates don’t have specific module suffixes, but if you search the forum here you will find a good tutorial to help you make your own.

Good luck,
    Cheryl

sunrise Friend

Hi again LMW,

I looked at a few templates and they don’t all have modules ready made with suffixes. Some just have the default ones. I made a stie with Ja-fagus, and in that template, go to templates/ja-Fagus/images/ you will find the pictures used for the modules called box-bl.jpg, box-br.jpg, box-tl.jpg, box-tr.jpg. Then there are two more called the same except box-notitle-tl and box-notitle-tr as only the two top pictures are different and it used the same bottom ones. The css defines which pictures are used.

For the site I did, I also added four more called box-hilite and box-postit and make my own pictures based on the original four, or something completely different with the post-it. Then I added a section in the css, sopying the one for box, and just changing the file names to either hilite or postit.

Then when I add those suffixes in the admin for the module, it will look for that suffix in the CSS and chose the pictures accorningly.

I hope this makes it a bit more clear.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sunrise 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum