Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi.

Is it possible to get the MooMenu or CSSmenu to start on a sublevel of the mainmenu? For instance to hide the first level.

Best regards,
    Alexander

wiery Friend

Sure. You can’t exactly hide the first level. You always need a first level for the sublevels to show, but just change the first level to the sublevel link you want it to be.

daylin Friend

If your joomla was installed in a directory in the rrot file you can establish an html page in the root to redirect to the page you wish. Are you using Firefox and the firebug tool extension to find the source template and design issues?

entusiast Friend

I’m not sure if I made myself clear enough. Let’s say this is the menu tree:

Front page
    New York
    — Local news
    — Pictures
    — Contact
    Washington DC
    — Local news
    — Pictures
    — Contact
    California
    — Local news
    — Pictures
    — Contact

I basically want the menu to skip the first level (only show local news, pictures, contact when you have clicked on one of the states). The reason is that I use the first level only to create correct urls (like mysite.com/washington, mysite.com/california and so on). I have a map on the front page where people choose the state.

The standard mainmenu module gives you the opportunity to skip levels, that is, set the level that you want the menu to start with. It would be nice to have this also with moomenu.

In the end I solved it my creating a new position where the moomenu is, replace it with the standard mainmenu and style it so it looks like moomenu. Lot of hassle, but I was on a deadline.

daylin Friend

My apologies for misunderstanding. I’m glad to hear you were able to resolve your issue.

entusiast Friend

Hehe sure, no prob. I should have explained myself better 🙂

Thanks

scotty Friend

maybe you could have set the first level menu items as type ‘separator’ and then have your links set up on the 2nd level items?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  scotty 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum