Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi!
    Actually I have a website called http://www.portogruaro.veneto.it based on joomal 1.5.23. Now I would like to move this website based on Ol_melani template and modules into quickstart version of Ja Teline IV.
    My question is: how can I move my articles, categories, sections and plug in quickstart Ja telani package? I am interested to mantain my old template and modules but I would like to start soon with the whole package of quickstart Ja Telani. Must I use a particular program? Akeeba free edition works great, but it restore all, also my old temolate ol_melani and modules, into quickstart Ja Telani IV. have you got any suggestion to solve my problem? thanks
    stefano z..
    Venice
    Italy

stlucas Friend

<em>@aspettativa 249151 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi!
    Actually I have a website called http://www.portogruaro.veneto.it based on joomal 1.5.23. Now I would like to move this website based on Ol_melani template and modules into quickstart version of Ja Teline IV.
    My question is: how can I move my articles, categories, sections and plug in quickstart Ja telani package? I am interested to mantain my old template and modules but I would like to start soon with the whole package of quickstart Ja Telani. Must I use a particular program? Akeeba free edition works great, but it restore all, also my old temolate ol_melani and modules, into quickstart Ja Telani IV. have you got any suggestion to solve my problem? thanks
    stefano z..
    Venice
    Italy</blockquote>

If this is possible I also would like to know how, but I just uploaded the template Telline IV and had to adapt everything to the new template.

aspettativa Friend

<em>@stlucas 249185 wrote:</em><blockquote>If this is possible I also would like to know how, but I just uploaded the template Telline IV and had to adapt everything to the new template.</blockquote>

Hi
    Akeeba professional version has an option for back up: it includes only articles, categories and plugin. Perhaps it is the “right road” for what I am searching for…..

stlucas Friend

<em>@aspettativa 249214 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    Akeeba professional version has an option for back up: it includes only articles, categories and plugin. Perhaps it is the “right road” for what I am searching for…..</blockquote>

I use Akeeba proffesional, but I ran into the same problem, you have to adapt everything bij hand. and it takes a lot of time>:(

TomC Moderator

I do not personally know of an all-in-one solution for something like this … though I would think that if there is one, it would be listed within the Joomla.org Extension Directory.

Unfortunately, however . . . I can’t imagine there is a solution that would not require at least some manual transfer and/or configuration of information – especially from one base template to another, as the base layout/structure will be different from the start.

himangi Friend

Hi,

Please check my reply at http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/from-ol_melani-to-ja-teline-iv-is-it-possible/

I would recommend installing the new template, Ja Teline and the extensions with it to your current site, rather than using quickstart and moving your data from existing installation to the newly setup site..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  himangi 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum