Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

For long time, when I finished done joomla and joomlart template in my computer, I will move my files folder by folder.

I believe that there must be a faster way to move all my joomla and joomlart files to my hosting. I tried to zip my file via winzip and winrar but after I uploaded to my hosting, I can’t unzip in file manager.

May I know how should I zip it and unzip in my hosting?

Kent

sfpkent Friend

I am using Linux Shared Hosting, cPanel.

uniquebiz Friend

I use a shared Linux host with cpanel ( Lunarpages) and all I do is zip the files upoad via ftp and then unzip using the hosting companies file manager (extract option)

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@sfpkent 192341 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am using Linux Shared Hosting, cPanel.</blockquote>

Go to http://www.your_site:2082 or http://www.your_site/cpanel >> login >> file manager >> go to your folder containing the zip file. Click on the zip file and see the right side for option to extract the contents.

As a precaution always place the zip file in a independent folder, so that you do not accidentally overwrite your other files. I would recommend using AkeebaBackup (JoomlaPack) to pack and move the Joomla site.

Arvind

ovidius Friend

you use.. Cpanel thats esay .. 🙂 just login to your website go to file manager and ther u have a panel.. u can unzip ther zip file.. download zip file and other.. you can search also on youtube.. Cpanel is very good.

smitheringale Friend

I prefer to go in to the shell and cd / to the directory and then unzip file and it unzips in very short order

It really is very simple – just a few commands in the shell can accomplish a lot – loading, uploading, deleting, changing ownerships and groups, viewing server resources.

sfpkent Friend

Thanks guys, will tried.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sfpkent 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum