Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have a couple of things I need to change and have been going round in circles trying to achieve them.

1. The first is to move the search box into the menu bar (I have removed the header background colour as it needs to be white) and putting a banner in it’s place but the search box is currently in the way) I want it to be like the Mendozite template where it sits in the actual menu bar to the right.

2. Change the font colour of the megamenu (the hover and active colour need to be changed) I have tried doing this in the mega.css and template.css files but it has no impact.

3. Change the border colours (or just remove the borders altogether) for the content mass top modules and ther user1 – user9 module positions

swissa Friend

Can you post the url?

melanieb Friend

hI swissa,

I can’t put it live yet unfortunately, but apart from the header background being white, it looks just the same as the template/ . I have finally found the line in the mega.css file to change the menu font colour, so that is sorted. It was the line at the top:

[PHP].ja-megamenu a.over, .ja-megamenu a.active { color: #c33 !important; }[/PHP] and I just changed the colour to suit.

The search box, I just want to move to the mega menu so its sits to the right (exactly like the mendozite template) at the moment it is sitting underneath the ‘newsfeeds, weblinks and contact us’ menu that sits at the very top right of the current template.

For the latter, I just want to remove all the grey borders (the background of my site is all white as I have already removed this)

melanieb Friend

I found this thread: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/move-search-box/ but I don’t have a default.php in the specified folder which is /templates/mytemplate/blocks/

swissa Friend

Really, really difficult without seeing the css!! The JA demo is compressed so that doesn’t help too much either BUT…..

You need to search the template css for this code

#ja-search {float: right;
    clear: both;
    border: 10px solid #252627
    padding: 1px;
    background: #050607
    position: static;
    }

and replace it with

#ja-search {
    float: right;
    border: 1px solid #252627
    margin-bottom: -80px; < play with this number to get it to sit where you want
    z-index: 13;
    }

It might disappear behind the menü bar. If it does you need to find this code in your theme template.css

#ja-mainnav {

• background: transparent;
    • z-index: 11; < change this to 9

}

Maybe that points you in the right direction. Hopefully!

melanieb Friend

You are brilliant! Than you so much for your help – it worked! (moving the search box that is)

321fly Friend

<em>@melanieb 345664 wrote:</em><blockquote>You are brilliant! Than you so much for your help – it worked! (moving the search box that is)</blockquote>

Hi could you please show how it looks after? 🙂

321fly Friend

Hi, melanieb

How can I put border to 1px or 0px and keep search border closer to the links Newsffees, Weblinks etc. At the same level as in original.
    When removing border the form moves lower. Tried to use marigin-top: and it did not help.

#ja-search {
    float: right;
    border: 10px solid #252627
    position: static;
    }

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  321fly 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum