Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I installed JA Fubix quickstart (Joomla 2.5.11) on an external web server, MySQL 5.5.30 and PHP 5.3.18 without any problems. After all modifications were done I made a backup using Akeeba and restored the backup on an intranet server, MySQL 5.5.17 and PHP 5.3.8, and problems arised. It looks like the template has shrink’d which I can’t understand.

Does T3V3 have some special requirements which is not met by our Intranet server? Currerntly we are using JA Nex without problem.

OK layout on external server:

Erronous layout on Intranet server:

Cheers,
    Kaj

1. Functional
    2. Erronous
    Ninja Lead Moderator

So that I can take a look and try to assist, please provide the url of the site you’re working on. I shall check it for you.

kaj Friend

That will be a problem :(( The site is on an Intranet with very restricted access from the Internet. Any other way?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@kaj 384077 wrote:</em><blockquote>That will be a problem :(( The site is on an Intranet with very restricted access from the Internet. Any other way?</blockquote>

If possible you can put it to live and send me the URL of your site. I will try to help debug this problem.

kaj Friend

Well, that’s just what I did:

1. Developed the site on an external server, everything was fine, shown as pic “OK Layout in external server” above, made a back-up
    2. Made a restore on Intranet server and the layout was corrupted as shown in pic “Erronous layout on Intranet server” above

URL for the external server: http://www.scanbit.se

tfosnom Friend

Are employees using the intranet free to use any browser they choose or has your IT dept restrict use to a older version of I.E or FF maybe that doesn’t fully support some of the latest methods?

Just looks like an I.E browser incompatibility

Ninja Lead Moderator

I have built JA Fubix Template on Intranet my server without connect to internet, I see jQuery lib need to load from Internet: http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8/jquery.min.js. Some extensions on site need to get jQuery lib or don’t face the problem with js file

I reported this to QA team of our company to check the problem as you mentioned above, but they could not find the problem with all browsers: IE, FF and Chrome.

kaj Friend

It seems to be a browser issue but probably also related to php, the underlaying infrastructure. The company has standardized on IE and I am using IE 9. When viewing the quickstart Fubix on an external server everything is OK, but when viewing the quickstart on the Intranet server then the page gets currupted.

The same corruption appeared when installing the quickstart Argo on the Intranet server.
    If I activate the “Compability View” on my IE on the demo of Argo at Joomlart.com I get the same corruption.

But, if I add the Intranet site in “Compability settings” and click on the compability icon then the page is displayed ceoorctly, both Fubix and Argo.

So, we will try to eliminate this by first upgrading the php on the server.

Phill Moderator

I have seen this too and it is certainly a browser issue. When you click on the compatibility icon I assume you are switching off that mode? In the compatibility view settings there is a tick box that says “Display all Intranet sites in compatibility view” and that is usually the cause of the problem.

kaj Friend

<blockquote>When you click on the compatibility icon I assume you are switching off that mode?</blockquote>
    Actually I am switching ON the compability view. But, I have tested som of the demo templates and it seems that from Mero to current template the positions gets corrupted when using “Compability View” in IE9.

Phill, you are correct – it’s definitive an browser issue.

kaj Friend

It was indeed an IE browser issue. I went to “Tools” > “Internet options” > “Security”-tab and chose “Local Intranet”, clicked on “Site” > “Advanced” and there! The URL for our Intranet site existed in the table. By removing the entry everything was as it should be. The issue was not related to the template.

Thanks to all involved:cool:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kaj 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum