Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey guys,

I actually installed Joomla 1.5 on my host server….my other site sits on the same server…..instead of upgrading my older version of Joomla, I simply installed the latest version in another directory, all under the same root. I have a few components that are filled with content….my question is, so I won’t have to re-enter the content all over again, is there a way I can move certain components over to the new joomla install where I’m running Rasaite??

Thanks,
    James

uniquebiz Friend

jay313;183110Hey guys,

I actually installed Joomla 1.5 on my host server….my other site sits on the same server…..instead of upgrading my older version of Joomla, I simply installed the latest version in another directory, all under the same root. I have a few components that are filled with content….my question is, so I won’t have to re-enter the content all over again, is there a way I can move certain components over to the new joomla install where I’m running Rasaite??

Thanks,
    James

Given your current menu problems with Rasite, I’d actually kill (delete) the current Rasite site and dl and reinstall the latest Rasite Quickstart which will install Joomla 1.5.18 in the process before even attempting importing content from another site.

That way you’ll probably correct the menu problems by having a default unaltered menu system to start over with. to import the content of the components?

Install each component to a new site install first so you now have the same components plugins etc. Then do a export of your site database from the site with the content. Once that is done you can import the whole database to the new site populating the components etc with the data they used before.

Google PHPMYSQL and database exporting if you haven’t done that before
    Blessings Shannon

jay313 Friend

Great,

Actually I figured out the mega menu issue….it is working now, however , the issue is, now, that when I click on a sub menu…I see whitened areas in the mega menu….is there a reason for that?

James

Sherlock Friend

Hi James ,

Could you posting your url in here for a further checking ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum