Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have not tried it yet, but it looks some of the features I and a number of members have asked before, the categories having their own pages (for presentation of the articles) seems to have been addressed in JA Teline II. Thanks to the staff who worked on this.

The Demo shows two levels though.

Section => Categories => Articles (front page and section pages)

Category X => Articles (separate page for each category)

This is indeed quite an advance, compared with the usual templating, and will address the issues and needs of more complex online sites (portals).

I wonder if the current JA Teline II was designed for multi-layered categories and subcategories, which has many applications. For example in taxonomy of living organisms

Living Organisms:
    => Animals
    => Plants
    => Fungi
    => Other Lower Forms (several)

Further each of the aforementioned main classifications have more complex subdivisions:

Animals => Phyla => Sub-phyla => Classes => etc. => etc. => Genus => Species (=> subspecies)

Living organism also are part of specific ecosystems
    Aquatic (Marine, Fresh Water, etc.)
    Rain Forest
    Grasslands
    etc.
    etc.

that would further intermix the interrelationships of the various organisms found in each ecosystems.

As it is, I do not find an easy way of doing this; that is, achieving a unified presentation with the Joomla 1.5.x

To an extent the “magazine” format may be able to address this, but can it address the extent of the mulit-layered classifications?

There is also the other issue that I am concerned with:

Just what is the “maximum” size of a Joomla database content before it becomes too unwieldy?

Cornelio

sartana Friend

<em>@cgc0202 54978 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have not tried it yet, but it looks some of the features I and a number of members have asked before, the categories having their own pages (for presentation of the articles) seems to have been addressed in JA Teline II. Thanks to the staff who worked on this.

The Demo shows two levels though.

Section => Categories => Articles (front page and section pages)

Category X => Articles (separate page for each category)

This is indeed quite an advance, compared with the usual templating, and will address the issues and needs of more complex online sites (portals).

I wonder if the current JA Teline II was designed for multi-layered categories and subcategories, which has many applications. For example in taxonomy of living organisms

Living Organisms:
    => Animals
    => Plants
    => Fungi
    => Other Lower Forms (several)

Further each of the aforementioned main classifications have more complex subdivisions:

Animals => Phyla => Sub-phyla => Classes => etc. => etc. => Genus => Species (=> subspecies)

Living organism also are part of specific ecosystems
    Aquatic (Marine, Fresh Water, etc.)
    Rain Forest
    Grasslands
    etc.
    etc.

that would further intermix the interrelationships of the various organisms found in each ecosystems.

As it is, I do not find an easy way of doing this; that is, achieving a unified presentation with the Joomla 1.5.x

To an extent the “magazine” format may be able to address this, but can it address the extent of the mulit-layered classifications?

There is also the other issue that I am concerned with:

Just what is the “maximum” size of a Joomla database content before it becomes too unwieldy?

Cornelio</blockquote>
    Hi Cornelio.
    In the JA Teline II there is a video section.
    it is possible to establish a various order in the visualization of the video? to order the video according to their content? video of the same section?

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@sartana 55316 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Cornelio.
    In the JA Teline II there is a video section.
    it is possible to establish a various order in the visualization of the video? to order the video according to their content? video of the same section?</blockquote>

You got me your questions sartana. I think your questions are different from mine, but I have not explored the video portion yet.

What I know is that it is possible to order the articles, for example, in the Frontpage; but the default in articles is usually the chronological order. This is true with what happens in what is included in the sections that appear in the Intro page of the site.

I am not sure if that is the case with video also, but if it is a link to the video, not an actual video, I think it should be the case — as configured by Joomlart.

I sure would prefer a possibility for ordering them myself, based on priority — just like what could be done in the Frontpage section. Gavick Pro has modules (it is downloadable for free for the Joomla 1.0.x versions) that allows you to order your articles anyway you want — you can even mix and match articles coming from different sections and categories. Quite impressive, actually. And, the general layout is more flexible and versatile than the standard general layout of the Joomlart templates.

Gavick Pro however does not have the equivalent of JA Teline II, yet. That is why I am trying to make the JA Teline II. I have been waiting for something like this template (JA Teline II) from the beginning — and requested it when I first joined. I even bought a separate Magazine software from iJoomla, but their Magazine software seems too complex and they are very slow in updating.

So, JA Teline II in a sense is quite advance, compared to the templates of the other template companies that I am familiar with. It has some major issues still though that I hope they address. For example, if you examine the “Introductory Page” of a Section, you will find that the articles are arranged based as follows:

category 1 (category title not shown)
    = > articles in category (chronological)
    category 2 (category title not shown)
    category 3 (category title not shown)
    etc.

I hope that my observation just above is incorrect. Otherwise, if my observation is correct, it is a very bizzarre way of arranging the articles in the entire section, in “Introductory Page” of a section.

Anyway, we are both going off topic, in regard the original request. 🙂

I do not know much about videos. I should be the one requesting your help. For example, iTunes U has many “free” videos, and all podcasts they archived are free. This weekend I almost filled up my iPod, with some of their podcasts (like live band performances, etc.) I sure wish I know how to link each one individually so I can share my finds with people. Not sure if there is a way to do this, just like “You Tube”.

By the way, I was trying to copy the link of some “You Tube” videos, but I could not do it. Do you know how? Thanks in advance.

Cornelio

sartana Friend

Many thanks Cornelio for your informations. I’ve otrer questions for JA Teline II. There is a support or front-end in italian language? It’s possible to add the SEO components as JOOMSEO? Many thanks.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@sartana 55436 wrote:</em><blockquote>Many thanks Cornelio for your informations. I’ve otrer questions for JA Teline II. There is a support or front-end in italian language? It’s possible to add the SEO components as JOOMSEO? Many thanks.</blockquote>

I am no expert on this sartana. Maybe post this question in a separate thread and send your question to Menalto or MiCCASS. They are more well versed on Joomla than I am.

Cornelio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum