Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I want to make a site which is using more than one joomlart templates.
    I mean I want to use different templates for induvidual sections by using different menu system for each sections.

for example;
    section1 menu name : s1menu using transmenu on top and template name xenia
    section2 menu name : s2menu using splitmenu on top and template : utahia
    ……

and I’ll assing template to sections only

Is it possible?

Cause I changed menu name ‘mainmenu’ to ‘s1menu’ in code
    and homepage is ok but when I click to another sections title there is an error apper (changing template)

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/zzzzxx/public_html/templates/ja_quillaja/ja_splitmenu.php on line 15

Sorry about my english I hope I could explain the situtiation

thanks

TomC Moderator

This is something I have been contemplating as well – and is in direct relation to my question about whether or not one can have more than 50 module positions designated within the Joomla Administration?

I believe you can designate different templates for different sections. The trick is to make sure that there are no conflicting module positions between the templates (i.e. both templates having a “user1” module position, but different functions designated for each template. In this case, I think it is best to custom name your modules (as opposed to the generic “user1, user2, top, bottom,” etc).

For this reason, I am hoping there is a way to create/designate more than 50 positions within the Joomla Module Position Administration Panel – because then you can create your custom-named module positions – and then designate them to the appropriate template and there should not be any cross-content problems.

Hope that made sense.

TOM

osubasi Friend

Thanks tcraw1010 your reply was helpfull.

I found why getting error ;
    it is interesting but when I inspect the templates php code like transmenu.php
    that is look below ;

$japarams->set( ‘menutype’, ‘mainmenu’ );
    //
    Source of menu
    //Set style for menu
    $japarams->set( ‘menu_style’, ‘horizontal’ );
    //
    Value: horizontal, vertical
    $japarams->set( ‘menu_direction’, ‘down’ );

the unexpected T_string errors come from alone lines only //
    and I fix it like
    // Value: horizontal, vertical

and everythings ok.

interesting because I didnt change anything in the codes
    🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  osubasi 17 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum