Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi!

I want to make my Homepage using Rasite and Joomla 1.5 multi-language-enabled, using joom!fish.

My problem is, that the languageselector (germand flag and english flag) should be on the mainpage up next to the search bar. I was able to put the language flags there, but they appear UNDER the Searchbar, not next to it.

I am a newbie at Joomla, use it for the first time. I know html and some php, but nothing about joomla 🙂 Can you please explain step for step what is needed to do to place those two flag buttons next to the search field?

URL: not yet uploaded, i use ist locally on my MacBook using MAMP.

Joomla 1.5 used, i installed the quickstart with demo content, thats why not uploaded to my domain.

Template: JA Rasite

adrienobjois Friend

+1 waiting for issue for this 🙂 thanks

Anonymous Moderator

Hi cfisch

In the case, please try to upload all files to a server and send us your live url so that we have a closer look on the issue

Saguaros Moderator

Hello friends !

Pls open the file: templatesja_rasitelayoutsblocksheader.php and find try to find codes:
    [PHP]<?php if($this->countModules(‘search’)) : ?>[/PHP]
    replace:
    [PHP]
    <?php if($this->countModules(‘extra-top’)) : ?>
    <div id=”ja-extra-top”> <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”extra-top” /></div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if($this->countModules(‘search’)) : ?>
    [/PHP]
    2) pls add the following codes into the template.css file:

#ja-extra-top {
    position:absolute;
    top:0;
    right:0;
    }
    #ja-extra-top div{
    padding:0;
    margin:0;
    }

3) after done, you access the administrator to put the language selection module on the “extra-top” position

Good luck

cfisch Friend

Thanks! It almost worked. There is one thing missing:

To make the “extra-top” position available in the admin-backend, i had to open

templates/ja_rasite/templateDetails.xml

and put the position in it:

<positions>
    <position>hornav</position>
    <position>breadcrumbs</position>
    <position>search</position>
    <position>extra-top</position>

(i added the bold line)

Then it worked. The language flags appear on top right corner.

Greetings, Carsten

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cfisch 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum