Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Where is Main menu position? mainnav position is empty if you look it from modules manager…

i have two languages for main menu, where i must point the main menu for some language?

i have:

language 1 menu
    – home
    – menuitem
    – menuitem
    – menuitem

language 2 menu
    – home
    – menuitem
    – menuitem
    – menuitem

i did two main menu modules, but i have big confusion where to point those main menus? and where is default main menu and its position? :((:confused:

zorroh Friend

For JA Support Team: Please dont remove index.html… !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 Support team can access site with /index.php

…anyway, seems that someone from support have been looked my site.. any success??

phong nam Friend

Hi @zorroh,

You can do two languages for main menu this way

+ Duplicate Main Menu
    + Assign Main Menu match language

And you can refer this link about that: http://help.joomla.org/files/EN-GB_multilang_tutorial.pdf

Regarding two main menu modules

You can make module with main menu and assign it to position you like, about positions on JA Zite, you can check it with format

<blockquote>your_domain?tp=1</blockquote>

Regards,

Leo

zorroh Friend

thing is that in ja-zite there is no main menu module! main menu position must be mainnav if you look tp=1, but in mainnav is only my two language modules, main menu default is missing. one main menu module is in position-7

please look JoomlArt demo, main menu isnt in mainnav: http://joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_zite/?tp=1
    main menu is somewhere outsite of any position.

and i have already two menus, actually three menus, because you cant make ALL menu for language
    * there must be always a menu for ALL –you cant change this
    * one menu for first language
    * one menu for second language

only place where i can set my language menu is template. and only one language menu. again one template must be for ALL and you cant change this.. so three templates – ALL, language 1, language 2.

so you must choose in template proper menu for each language… and that is really tricky!

if i do LANGUAGE 1 template with LANGUAGE 1 menu, then it affects ALL template and LANGUAGE 2 template.. so there is not possible to make two language templates with two different languages.

and yes, i have LANG1 categories and content and LANG2 categories and content.. all are linked properly

Ninja Lead Moderator

Thanks for sharing, about main menu on JA Zite Template you can see it here

<blockquote>templates/ja_zite/blocks/mainnav.php</blockquote>

You can open this file and see menu on your site is loading

With Level 0:
    <?php if (($jamenu = $this->loadMenu())) $jamenu->genMenu (); ?>
    <!-- jdoc:include type="menu" level="0" / -->

With Submenu
    <?php if ($this->hasSubmenu() && ($jamenu = $this->loadMenu())) : ?>
    <div id="ja-subnav" class="clearfix">
    <?php $jamenu->genMenu (1); ?>
    <!-- jdoc:include type="menu" level="1" / -->
    </div>

<?php endif;?>

Hope it helps you make Multilingual Main Menu on your site

zorroh Friend

and what i must change there to got multilingual work?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@zorroh 362765 wrote:</em><blockquote>and what i must change there to got multilingual work?</blockquote>

Hi zorroh

I spent a lot of my time to check the problem on your site.

1) Remove both template you are duplicated from JA Zite Template, see the screenshot

2) Remove both main menu language on Menu site, see the screenshot

3) Go to Admin->Menu->Main Menu default

Duplicate menu as same the screenshot and assign it to EN and ET language

I just helped you change some config about on Main Menu default assign to EN and ET language, you can applied to continue with other menu on Main Menu default,

Now it’s working with multi language on your site. Please check on your site again.

Regards

1. remove_both_template_duplicate
    2. remove_both_menu
    3. Duplicate_Menu
    zorroh Friend

You Are The Hero! Thank You a Lot!!!:-*

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  zorroh 11 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum