Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I am using JA_rave template and noticed this issue.

I developed a ‘Content’ plugin named ‘jwncalreadmore’. It function to check against our authentication server to see whether the visitor has been logged in or not. If yes, show the content; if not, display the link ‘Log to read more’.

When I enable the ‘Cache Mode’, my plugin is bypassed – NOT executed. Is there way to make my plugin is always executed?

Thanks,
    jwn

Stork11 Friend

Hello webjwn,

I think your plugin runs after “system cache” plugin. So you need to move your plugin to above the “system cache” plugin in Plugin Manager.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

webjwn Friend

thank you, sotrk11 for your response. But it looks not the case you said here.

All my content plugins are infront of ‘system plugins’ (including system – cache). Even I disable the system – cache plugin, as long as I enable the cache in JA_rave template, it looks ‘my content plugin’ code was from cache.

my code code is about getting a cookie value.

My plugin is a Content plugin,

1) when visitor gets to article, he see ‘login to read more (Jooml’s)’, click it and get to the article, since the visitor has not logged on, he sees my ‘Login to read the full article;

2) He clicks on the link and go through the logon process (get login unlock code – type in the code and loggin in, A cookie value is set, NUID)

3) The system redirects him back to the article he was originally on;

He is supposed to see the full article at this moment

He CAN see the full article if I disable JA_rave’s ‘Cache Mode’ – This is correct;

He can NOT if I enable the template’s ‘Cache Mode’.

In my content plugin, issue code is all about the NUID cookie. In the plugin, I tried to print out the cookie by:

$cookieVal = $_COOKIE[‘NUID’];
    echo $cookieVal;

But there is nothing printed out if I enable the template cache mode.

It is good if I disable the cache mode.

How is the ‘Cache’ is used in JA T3?

thanks,
    jwn

Stork11 Friend

T3 cache uses page cache as Joomla.

Please try to add something into your URL, such as “?ran=<?php echo time(); ?>” to clean cache when you go to read full article.

Regards.

webjwn Friend

Hi sotrk11,

Thank you so much for the hint/tip. I’ve fixed the issue in this way.

Have a great weekend!

jwn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  webjwn 11 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum