Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Ok I love Oscommerce and still new to Joomla…so this is my first joomla shopping ..thank you very much for this template. Any criticism would be appreciated. I tried to achieve good resuls in google too. .and sort of come ok Not exactly what I had in mind but it is new so still can work on it.

site is here.. thank you for any comments and tips any way I can improve it. I had not tested on every browser etc.. just few.. but ..still working on background… to make it way I want.
    It was done in ja zeolite

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

hey Di, Thats a great site, may be you can try the Site of the Month once you finish the site.

The size’s of the three rotating banners seems a lot, totalling over 900 KB, as all are above 300KB, slows down the site a bit. Rest all seems well crafted, how much time you spent on designing it? appreciated.

Urszula Dziki Friend

Thank you Drarvindc 🙂 about 2 weeks..but i stuck with few things as you know .. shipping module display and still have not worked out that pdf and print. I will. But I worked from this site http://www.welovefrugi.com/ it is supplier….so was time consuming just recreate all graphic.. as I have to clean all so they will look different for my client – that was time consuming. Rest was quick with this template. Brilliant.. saved a lot of time. I had nothing from client no graphic no logo ..so basicly that was a bit time consuming to make it. If I had graphic would be great.

Thank you for tip.. i will change a bit size of 3 graphic. One cannot see all 🙂 That is why I thought was worth to post here for any criticism……it always work for the best .

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Yaa i remeber about the print and email icon problem you had. The site seems fully reformed in the past 4 days, i like the logo stuff made from rope and the green rope guy standing on the right side. its kinda unique.

Looks fine in firefox, safari, IE 7 & 8.

sunrise Friend

Hi di38,

Overall it looks very nice. A few comments.

The pictures of the clothing articles are not all uniform. SOme have feeathered edges, some have straight edges. Maybe it would look better if they all had the same look?

The background for the modules, the “ripped” paper looks OK on the larger modules, but on the small ones, like “search” and “content view hits” it doesn’t looks so good as it is not really big enough. Could you use some other background, like some soft children’s clothing material, something that goes along more with the site?

Hope this is a help. Good luck with the site, though.

Urszula Dziki Friend

Thank you Drarvindc… that is my next challenge…. need to fix that background. that is a bit new for me. I will work it out ..give a time lol. May be even find some answers here in forum. It is brilliant forum by the way. I found so many interesting tips here. I might use in the future. Brilliant indeed. And idea about posting and earning some points. That is very smart way of running forum and encourage people to post and help others. I definitelly will post answer to pdf as soon as I will find out.

Urszula Dziki Friend

Thank you Sunrise…..:))))))) I am still thinking about background I thought i mentioned that 🙂 Great comment about uniform pics.. .Any comment is great comment. 🙂 and helps a lot. One cannot notice all 🙂

thank you

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Very good site. Your problem finally solved. Nominate yourself for next SOTM. 🙂

mfcphil Friend

Great looking site…you have done a cracking job well done 😉

didima Friend

nice site, well done

Urszula Dziki Friend

Thank you all for cheerful comments..We all need it…all the time some positive criticism that makes us better. .I will think about these backgrounds. I wish I was an artist and could create that background myself that has feel like cotton. Another issue highlighted was that with uniform display pics and these pdf for virtue mart. STill searching for answer and I will post it as soon as I will find it. I have to admit I never tried virtue mart and if it was not for this template….i would not even attempt. This is brilliant template -second so far I use from Joolart but have to admit they are perfect to work with. That cut my learning curve of virute mart …was easy to follow. Amazing how easy life is with them. Imagine to write it all by yourself.. that could take wow ……..time. I am converted now to JA forum lol..

Urszula Dziki Friend

Hello all… It is so sad so sad indeed. Specially when happen while people working on sites. Lucky I have habbit to make backups.. Site has been hacked. So I removed links here. But why be so silly.. to prove you can. We all can do anything if we put mind into. Why hacking? Well at least you can pm me whoever did it……I prize you for job well done .. so what? You can crack sites – for what good . YOu are not a hacker .. you are idiot. Destroy things is stupid…. Learn get info..and share it is under every memorandum of hackers.. so you who ever you are . are MORON not a hacker..at all.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@di38 122382 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello all… It is so sad so sad indeed. Specially when happen while people working on sites. Lucky I have habbit to make backups.. Site has been hacked. So I removed links here. But why be so silly.. to prove you can. We all can do anything if we put mind into. Why hacking? Well at least you can pm me whoever did it……I prize you for job well done .. so what? You can crack sites – for what good . YOu are not a hacker .. you are idiot. Destroy things is stupid…. Learn get info..and share it is under every memorandum of hackers.. so you who ever you are . are MORON not a hacker..at all.</blockquote>

aaah, that’s very sad that you got hacked. May be you can refer to this link to know more about securing your joomla site. http://docs.joomla.org/Category:Security_Checklist . and also upgrading to J 1.5.10 would be better, also make sure that you use the latest versions for all your 3rd party components.

Taking regular backups is the best way to recover from such stupid acts, i just don’t get it why hack?

Urszula Dziki Friend

That was silly hack….not aimed at database but layout. I couldn’t beleive my eyes. Well, I know Joomla is open software that is danger. One can learn cake and write own applications but that could take ages…it is inexpensive alternative for small or home businesses to start. One cannot make too secure unless it is dedicated server and who would pay for that anyhow. Most of servers are shared so we write own php.ini etc but it will not stop good hacker to hack it. Good site http://www.playsite.com was hacked once and they had to close few divsions of site as they couldn’t manage. So what small designers can do ? not very much. We can try.. I did for Bella even removed joomla code but that is not all.. so someone wanted me to teach lesson. .they did… No idea why but..happen. Thank you arvin for link I will work on my security skills with Joomla. That is so sad though. WE all trying our best to make a bit of difference. And if one can think I pay licences for anything…..and then for two weeks work get few extra dollars.. for 7 days 10 hours a day……you cannot spend too much time. Oh well ..I reinstalled my backup ..Sad as I said. I fallen in love with web design and learning Like most of us here .. but it is part of life….

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

one of my site was hacked on last xmas, and had a santa drunken, naked with beer bottles around him pic on the main page. The website was for an university. The hacker was decent enough that e backed up my original index.php as index_bak.php. I had to answer many questions from the authorities. But why hack is the question for which i haven’t found any answer.

The best way is to keep backups of site. I use jdefender bot (J 1.10.15) to keep off the sql injections and flood protection. It helps. and when the site was hacked it was in turned off state, as users were getting flood protection warnings those days.

I on a average recieve 10-15 injections attacks report via this jdefender bot everyday.

Here is the sample text from one of the latest report.

[PHP]There was attack of typePHP injection discovered on your site.

Additional Information:
    ———————————————
    TYPE: PHP injection
    IP: 219.85.63.226
    USER: [0]
    REFERER:
    GET: Array
    (
    [GALLERY_BASEDIR] => <b>http://www.bascpichincha-ecuador.org//swf/ts??</b>
    => com_comprofiler
    => …ofile
    [user] => 79
    => 100
    )

(
    [GALLERY_BASEDIR] => <b>http://www.bascpichincha-ecuador.org//swf/ts??</b>
    )

COOCKIE: Array
    (
    )

———————————————

JDefender Joomla Bot
    [/PHP]

This jdefender is installed on my 1.10.15 sites.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum