Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

My site crashed a few months ago. The techs where I host were able to get the site working again but there were some glitches that reappeared.

1) My search bar is supposed to be above my toolbar and under the logo.

2) You can not read the date because it collides with the headline

3) The bug in the address bar defaults to a Joomla logo when there should be a small APR logo.

4) If you look in the address bar, it says that the file is in an archive file when it is actually in Politics>State as a featured article.

Can you please help? Thank you so much in advance. I have attached a screen shot.

Susan

1. Screenshot-2015-03-02-16.24.51
    TomC Moderator

Is the screenshot above how everything is supposed to display?

sbbritt Friend

No. It was taken so you can see where things are now as opposed to where they are supposed to be.

TomC Moderator

<em>@sbbritt 461596 wrote:</em><blockquote>No. It was taken so you can see where things are now as opposed to where they are supposed to be.</blockquote>

Can you throw together a screenshot mockup of how things are supposed to display – for reference?

sbbritt Friend

See if this helps.

1. Screenshot-2015-03-02-16.24.51-copy
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @sbbritt,

1. Please open file root_foldertemplatesja_teline_ivetclayoutsdefault.xml and look for this code :

<block name="mainnav" type="mainnav"></block>
    <block name="topbar" type="topbar"></block>

switch them as below :

<block name="topbar" type="topbar"></block>
    <block name="mainnav" type="mainnav"></block>

then open file root_foldertemplatesja_teline_ivcsstemplate.css and remove this code :

#ja-topbar {
    height: 26px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    z-index: 11;
    }

2. Please open file root_foldertemplatesja_teline_ivhtmlcom_contentarticledefault.php and look for this code :

<dd class="create ja-blog-date">
    <div class="inner clearfix">
    <?php
    $createDay = date('d', strtotime( $this->item->created));
    $createMonth = JText::_(strtoupper(date('F', strtotime($this->item->created)))."_SHORT");
    $createYear = date('Y', strtotime( $this->item->created));
    ?>
    <span class="date"><?php echo $createDay; ?></span>
    <span class="month-year">
    <strong><?php echo $createMonth; ?></strong>
    <strong><?php echo $createYear; ?></strong>
    </span>
    <?php echo $this->item->event->beforeDisplayContent; ?>
    </div>
    </dd>

then update as below :

<dd class="created">
    <?php
    $createDay = date('d', strtotime( $this->item->created));
    $createMonth = JText::_(strtoupper(date('F', strtotime($this->item->created)))."_SHORT");
    $createYear = date('Y', strtotime( $this->item->created));
    ?>
    <?php echo JText::sprintf('COM_CONTENT_CREATED_DATE_ON', ''); ?>
    <span><?php echo $createDay; ?> <?php echo $createMonth; ?> <?php echo $createYear; ?></span>
    </dd>

3. If you’re talking about favicon, please check this article.

4. Currently, the menu item 2014 is specified with alias “archive-2014” so if you navigate to that article, the link in address bar should display like that (you will see that menu item is active too).

sbbritt Friend

Hi

I don’t have def ault.xml. My choices are Default, default-rti, handheld and iPhone.

Also can’t find “htmlcom_conten tarticledefault.php”

While I am in these files, where do I increase story text font size for entire site?

sbbritt Friend

Since I made the adjustment yesterday in the header, a link that is there no longer works. The link is in the module ads-header. When you click on “Stealing the Statehouse” is displays the link in the address bar but returns the reader to the front page.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @sbbritt,

Please make sure that there must be at least 1 menu item link to that article / category or any category contains that article. In addition, the link attach to Stealing the Statehouse doesn’t associated with any article or category.

sbbritt Friend

Menu item is /archives/2013/2013 February

Adam M Moderator

Hi @sbbritt,

If you navigate to page Stealing the Statehouse?, you will see the menu item home is active. In addition, assuming this page is the top level category, it won’t work as you have to link to its parent category instead.

sbbritt Friend

<em>@TomC 461141 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is the screenshot above how everything is supposed to display?</blockquote>

Here are some screenshots of the problems.

1. read-more-button
    2. date
    sbbritt Friend

<em>@TomC 461141 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is the screenshot above how everything is supposed to display?</blockquote>

Here are some screenshots of the problems.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @sbbritt,

Did you check the solution as mentioned in my previous reply ?

sbbritt Friend

<em>@Adam M 471928 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @sbbritt,

Did you check the solution as mentioned in my previous reply ?</blockquote>

I have not seen it. Can you repost?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sbbritt 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum