Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hi my site

http://presetjunkie.com/

has been hacked..

i am using version Joomla 1.0.13

i can’t do aynthing please help me remove this also how to secure the site.. ?

Thank you.

maxout Friend

ok i have just figured out.. that Hackers changed my THEME’s INDEX.file codes..

now its back to regular.. sorry and thank you..

but i have too much to clean up now.. also my admin account is not valid anymore.. what to do??? how can i get it in to my admin

how do they can have access my account? i had not firewall in my computer and there is a file with few passwords is that the possiblity of getting to my account..??

depaulus Friend

The only way would be to reset your password in your Database.

jos_users SET password=’21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3‘ WHERE name=’Administrator’;

If you change it to the above, the NEW password is ” admin “

Once you have logged in you MUST change it to something safe..

But saying this, you must FIRST find out how they managed to get into your account in the first place..

Good Luck.

de P

maxout Friend

thanks for reply.. i don’t know how they did. that.. and all my directory has this

index.html files and ftp is messedup too..

no now i have to delete site and re-make it..

which i just started doing a minute ago..

thanks for reply..

depaulus Friend

Index.html is just a blank page,

and if they changed your index.php file, just delete it, and re- upload the original index.php, and open your config.php and check the settings are correct incl. http://ftp..

But unless you know how they managed to deface your site in the first place, you will be wasting your time..

Check your Log files at your host, and see if you see anything suspicious..

Usually when a single page is defaced, it is a basic Sql injection into a 777 folder, and then called on through the browser.. this is easily done especially if members can upload images, smileys etc..

Update to the latest version of Joomla 1.5

Good Luck

de P

maxout Friend

well i was in process of moving to 1.5 and this happen..

also there is a upload feature.. so i know some member could have done it..

as for now i have removed whole **** thing..

going to start from 1.5 fresh install. and changed password..

will also put admin approvel for upload

thanks for quick help.. i hope 1.5 is better and more secure.. anyway no need to look in past.

see you.. great site here thanks for free templates. :p

maxout Friend

there is another problem wit the site i changed the Cpanel pass and it changed the FTP and Mysql passas well

http://www.presetjunkie.com

so i am getting error on my page i think.. how do i change the old pass for joomla

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  maxout 16 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum