Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

This site was developed for a group of about 40 authors who write historical Christian fiction. They all love the Nagya theme, and I enjoyed putting the site together.

http://historicalchristianfiction.com/

wooohanetworks Friend

I really like the topic but the main menu drop down that contains all the authors is far too long. One has to scroll down to access all the content of this menu. There you should find a better solution to not have so many sublinks there. You can e.g. remove all the sublinks and the mainlink forwards to the site like now. You can clone by copy a mod_mainmenu, create a new menu in the admin and implement this menu to the new mod_mainmenu in it’s admin to display those links on this particular page of the site only. Or you can also use some component to sort and order all your authors. There are some ready to download on http://extensions.joomla.org

cjmicro Friend

I like the site a lot, and the photos are great. The long drop down doens’t bother me too much, but maybe you could just link to a page with the author names and a little description of their style or works too, so it would not only avoid long scroll but also give a little more info.

Cheryl

jhazzi Friend

I simply love this template and have tried to find uses for it. In fact, I have and must admit your use for it is perfect! Historical Christian Fiction takes one back in time (pocket watch) to unlock (lock ‘n key) the mysteries of our understanding of what we’ve read.

I pray your mission and vision are met above and beyond your collective expectations!

Best regards,
    Jhazzi

ShannonN Friend

lindafulkerson;114166This site was developed for a group of about 40 authors who write historical Christian fiction. They all love the Nagya theme, and I enjoyed putting the site together.

http://historicalchristianfiction.com/

sites broken in FF 3.06 see attached screenshot works in IE 8 Beta

looks nice I always liked this colour scheme similar to Fagus colours
    look forward to viewing it properly IN Firefox 🙂

Cheers ShannonN

1. broken
    jhazzi Friend

<em>@ShannonN 114657 wrote:</em><blockquote>sites broken in FF 3.06 see attached screenshot works in IE 8 Beta

looks nice I always liked this colour scheme similar to Fagus colours
    look forward to viewing it properly IN Firefox 🙂

Cheers ShannonN</blockquote>

Hi Shannon,

It works fine in my 3.0.6 Firefox version. :confused:

Jhazzi

sunrise Friend

Very nicely done site. Artistic. Regarding the long list of contirbutors, you could also have submenus, either by letters of the alphabet or some other criteria. Maybe it is easy enough to scroll through the list, but I happened to look at the site on a laptop, and scrolling with the touchpad was not easy.

Also the picture of the golden padlock on the top, opens very slowly. Is it maybe at a higher resolutions than the needed 72? It seems like it is.

But all in all a nice site, pleasant to look at, great pictures, and easy to find my way around.

yamemaru Friend

well done.

works great in firefox. fast loading, perfect design for the website.

good luck

lindafulkerson Friend

I’m sorry to be so slow to respond to all your nice comments on the site. I haven’t done anything to the long list of contributors yet, but I know I need to do something — I’ll poll the group and see if they want the submenus to be divided alphabetically or perhaps by subgenre, since many of them feature different time periods in their writings. I hadn’t thought of the touchpad issue because my laptop is still waiting for me to get the cracked screen fixed, but I understand how that would be a pain.

Thanks to everyone for your comments, encouragement & ideas!
    Linda

annaleen Friend

The template suites the theme – very well chosen! Great looking site 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  annaleen 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum