Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have been a joomlart member for almost a year now and I have loved everything I have worked with on the templates. I could sing the praises for an hour but that’s not what I am here to do.

It is time for a change in the navigation bar and logo positioning. There are enough extentions to keep my clients happy as clams but if someone requests the navigation bar to run vertically or the logo not in the top left corner I find myself stuck.

In june I am up for renewal and I would really like to see Joomlart expand on the layouts. I have pushed the template work to the limits with what is avaiable and I am getting bored. Is there anyway we could look to reposition the logo and nav bar?

TomC Moderator

<em>@joliver 125796 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    It is time for a change in the navigation bar and logo positioning. There are enough extentions to keep my clients happy as clams but if someone requests the navigation bar to run vertically or the logo not in the top left corner I find myself stuck.

In june I am up for renewal and I would really like to see Joomlart expand on the layouts. I have pushed the template work to the limits with what is avaiable and I am getting bored. Is there anyway we could look to reposition the logo and nav bar?</blockquote>
    You do realize that you have the ability to reposition anything you want – to anywhere you want – right?
    It’s simply a matter of changing the CSS positioning of a few things, or perhaps rearranging some of the positions.

As for a vertical navigation menu – this couldn’t be easier . . . simply eliminate the horizontal navigation position and assign the main navigation to one of the vertical modules – and style away. You can even create specific/new CSS rules just for that particular position/menu.

The realm of possibilities is virtually endless – and the power to create from the starting point that is a template is entirely in your hands.

🙂

joliver Friend

Hey Tom,

I do realize to virtually endless css changes that can be made to the code and the flexibility of it is a big reason I use Joomla and Joomlart. Unfortunately I am not someone familiar with more then changing clour in css coding and would like a simplified template solution that would make it excessible to most Joomlart users.

The Link below (although in my opinion not in the same league as Joomlart) is a great example of what I am talking about for a side panel nav.

http://www.bestofjoomla.com/component/option,com_bestoftemplate/task,detail/Itemid,46/id,2041/

Again I am not complaining about what is offered here, it is some of the best joomlart work on the net. I just want to see something over then the standard template. (logo top left, nav top, large rotating design).

Joliver

TomC Moderator

<em>@joliver 125809 wrote:</em><blockquote>The Link below (although in my opinion not in the same league as Joomlart) is a great example of what I am talking about for a side panel nav.

http://www.bestofjoomla.com/component/option,com_bestoftemplate/task,detail/Itemid,46/id,2041/[/quote]
    Ahhh . . . I see what you mean. That is a nice alternative navigation design.

<em>@joliver 125809 wrote:</em><blockquote>I do realize to virtually endless css changes that can be made to the code and the flexibility of it is a big reason I use Joomla and Joomlart. Unfortunately I am not someone familiar with more then changing clour in css coding and would like a simplified template solution that would make it excessible to most Joomlart users. [/quote]
    With all due respect imaginable . . . I do feel compelled to ask you a question . . .

You mention that you have clients . . . so I have to assume that you market yourself and/or offer your services as a web designer/developer – correct? If this is the case, then how can you not know/understand how CSS web design works over and above changing color? CSS is pretty much the standard these days for how websites are created – so anyone who puts him/herself out there as a web designer must, at the very least, have a working understanding and knowledge of how to work with CSS styling and layout/positioning.

Again, I am in agreement with you that the example of the vertical navigation you showed me is very cool and it would be a nice offering in a future JA template (at the very least, as an option). I’d be willing to bet, though, that you could find a free tutorial on how to create something like that on the web somewhere.

🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum