Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’m new to Joomlart and Joomla in general. I’ve just downloaded Teline ii and am somewhat surprised and disappointed by the lack of support.

Why is there no step-by-step installation guide? (has it been hidden somewhere that I missed? – I’ve seen a number of simple questions on this i the forums though, so its not just me who has missed it).

I’m not knocking the product, its a great looking template, but I can’t believe that I have to be a technical wizard to install it and get it working. I’ve installed Joomla at my host and just installed Teline (after a hour or so of tryig to work out how to do it), but of course it looks nothing like the demo template. Why is that? Undoubtedly I’ve not done something right, but why doesn’t a user guide hold my hand on this?

I get simple “how to cook” instructions on a 50 cents can of soup, why don’t I get a “how to install” guide and FAQs on a $70 template?

James

contecon Friend

OK, so I’ve now found a user guide, but honestly, why is there not a user guide in the file that I downloaded?? Or at least, why not send a link to everyone who buys a template to the online user guide. A standalone section entitled “template istallation FAQs” would really be helpful…

hblanchard Friend

I agree, I am new to joomla and bought the JA Nickel template, even thought there was a rough guide, I’m finding it difficult to customise it.

cgc0202 Friend

contecon,

There is a “Browser based installation procedure” for all types of Joomla (irregardless of template used) in the Joomla page, included with each Joomla version.

There are numerous tutorials posted in the forum also for tutorials on this. I know of at least three threads in Teline II focusing on installation. I even posted one.

Did you search the forum? Did you look in the tutorial? Did you look in the sticky section of Teline II?

If you are a newbie, the easiest is to use the QuickStart Kit, provided with each Jomlart template.

Cornelio

<em>@contecon 143644 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

I’m new to Joomlart and Joomla in general. I’ve just downloaded Teline ii and am somewhat surprised and disappointed by the lack of support.

Why is there no step-by-step installation guide? (has it been hidden somewhere that I missed? – I’ve seen a number of simple questions on this i the forums though, so its not just me who has missed it).

I’m not knocking the product, its a great looking template, but I can’t believe that I have to be a technical wizard to install it and get it working. I’ve installed Joomla at my host and just installed Teline (after a hour or so of tryig to work out how to do it), but of course it looks nothing like the demo template. Why is that? Undoubtedly I’ve not done something right, but why doesn’t a user guide hold my hand on this?

I get simple “how to cook” instructions on a 50 cents can of soup, why don’t I get a “how to install” guide and FAQs on a $70 template?

James</blockquote>

nefar Friend

Quickstart is the way to go. It’s very easy to install and once you know the procedure it’s cake to install Joomla on any server. As for editing templates that’s going to take a time investment on your part. There are quite a few tutorials here and all over the net. Will take time, patience and experimentation.

TomC Moderator

It would also benefit you greatly to take some time to learn the basics of CSS web design and basic PHP syntax. At the very least, look through the index.php file and related template.css file for the template you are working with and learn from how things are layed out/organized and related to each other (in terms if div classes (i.e. CSS) and such.

Seriously, a little bit of time will take you a long way in working with/customizing your Joomla based websites.

🙂

cgc0202 Friend

The main CMS software is Joomla. And, they do have a link on how to do the installation, including how to install extensions and template.

As a Joomla user, you are expected to know quite a bit about Joomla, including their extensive FAQ’a and Tutorials. Joomla also has a wiki-based knowledge database. If you have not visited the Joomla site, it is imperative that you do it. Moreover, if you used the QuickStart kit, the Joomla-Teline II includes an extensive knowledge database about how Joomla works, and the FAQs that you are asking.

Obviously, the installation procedure would not be part of the in the Joomla-Teline II knowledge database, I will give you only one guess why that would be the case:)

As noted by other responses above, you need to have a basic understanding of the essence of CMS softwares, and the key role of CSS in the layout and operation of CMS softwares like Joomla.

Cornelio

<em>@contecon 143646 wrote:</em><blockquote>OK, so I’ve now found a user guide, but honestly, why is there not a user guide in the file that I downloaded?? Or at least, why not send a link to everyone who buys a template to the online user guide. A standalone section entitled “template istallation FAQs” would really be helpful…</blockquote>

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum