Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m new to the JA community so forgive me if I ask questions that have already been posted.

I am working with the Community Plus template but can’t seem to get the blue/orange style to activate. I am developing this on a temp site and will move it later but am wondering if I can do that since the licensing is not tied to the template yet. I have a Standard Membership.

I would like to know:

Do I have to connect the license?

Can you modify the license location? (In other words move it to a different domain after development)

Were do I go to pay to have the license/credit info removed?

Thanks for any help.

Phill Moderator

Welcome to the forums.

I will move this post to the JA Community Plus forum so it is in the right places.

Your first question, activating the template styles. Take a look in the template manager and you will see a number of tabs. The profiles tab is for creating or editing existing profiles but that is not where you go to actually activate the styles. That is done in the Global tab. Take a look at the image below and I have highlighted the bit you need to look at. That is the “Profile Override Settings” and in there you will see 2 columns. One is marked “Pages” and the other is marked “Profiles”. The pages column determines what pages a profile will appear and the profiles column determines what profile should be active on that page. If we click on the word “Default” a dropdown will appear where you can select your chosen profile which in your case would be Blue-Orange. You can also add more override settings so on certain pages different profiles would be used. You will also see a link to a youtube video on that page which gives a nice demonstration on how it is done.

1. CommunityPlus2-Administration_1300992611956
    clay210 Friend

right on! Thanks

What about the licensing?

Phill Moderator

The template will of course continue to function. JA do not do include any magic code to check on you or stop your template from working. When you are ready to move it to its permanent location you can register it with JA then.

If you have bought 3 month membership then you can register just the one domain. 1 years membership allows you to register 3 different domains and it only costs $11 more than the 3 month membership. You can use as many templates as you wish on that domain and any subdomains on it.

The copyright information (IE the little designed by JA footer) should be left in place unless you purchase the copyright removal. It is only a small footer so most are happy to leave it there. Howerver if you wish to by the tool simply go to the JA homepage and click on your username at the top of the page (or login if you are not already). You will be presented with your profile and one of the options at the top of the profile page is called “Your Payments” where you can purchase or upgrade any of your memberships.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum