Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

A big hello to JA team members.
    First let me congratulate you guys for doing a good job, when I wanted to become a member i was impressed with the design element of JA. Your designs are definitely clean and beautiful to look at and stand out of the rest of the crowd giving out templates.

But what I feel lacking is that for the last 2 months I have been watching that most of your templates have the same base structure nothing creative. I am writing this to just give a constructive criticism because I feel JA has the ability to make more better templates and I don’t feel you guys are stretching your creative and innovativeness from being just Good to being a great template provider.

Looking around the other template providers you can get a lot of points to improve your service upon.

1. Instead of just pushing JA Corona’s, Dravity’s and Barites…why don’t you create templates with a clear utility. Ex: Community ( using Gjive etc), Real Estate, Movies (jmovies), News ( Better than Teline ), Directory, Music, Sports This would surely let you tap into a totally new set of customer base.
    2. While you do provide 2 templates every month, why not do this in a way where 1 template is the extended version of the old templates. (Like Ja Teline 2 new version) and the other a totally new template.

I wish you all the best… its pointless to settle for Good when you have the capability to become Great. 🙂

skyjuice Friend

i agree with you bro. JoomlArt have a bright future but sometime you need to watch your competitor

take alook how versatile is rockettheme dimension theme, awesome..

and another thing.. you guys need to take serious about support in your forum.

eg: i had post 1 question in forum but until today no reply from mod and today i post again another question and i wannasee how long it take before someone take over it . 🙂

tempusserbia Friend

It seems as good idea, but as everything else on this forum regarding new ideas and inovations will be soon forgotten.

TomC Moderator

The one thing I would like to see from JA is some more innovation within their templates. Most over the last several months have been – for all intents and purposes – cookie cutter versions of each other … with one or two cool little module add-ons thrown in here and there.

For JA to remain comeptitive within the Joomla Template Club market, I believe they are going to have to develop some truly create and innovative template offerings – chuck full of innovative functionality (i.e. social networking, auctions/classifieds, book/video/music store/downloads, affiliate marketing site, YouTube-esque site, etc.)

Just my two cents, of course . . . . But I do see what some of the other Joomla Template Clubs are putting out and, IMO, JoomlArt needs to step it up a few notches.

TOM

P.S. (Not sure how much better a News site you can get than JA Teline. In my opinion, it’s JA’s best template)

redlight_traitor Friend

I think Joomlart needs to branch out from the masses and offer DIFFERENT ideas instead of just being feature-stacked template designers.

They should definitely branch out and reach the SIMPLE TEMPLATE designs.

Look to
    joomlajet.com for very clean simple professional profile type designs.
    or even joomlabamboo.com for clean 1-page non-scrolling designs.

Other areas to improve would definitely be the e-commerce shopping cart templates like gavick.com or shape5.com and then the wordpress replacements.

Staying simple instead of trying to load as many features as possible should be the idea.

TomC Moderator

Those gavick.com templates aren’t exactly “simple.” 😉

redlight_traitor Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 44012 wrote:</em><blockquote>Those gavick.com templates aren’t exactly “simple.” ;)</blockquote>

I totally agree… that’s why I mentioned their name right after “e-commerce” 😉

jayblaq Friend

I agree too. The end of 07 was CREATIVITY GONE STERILE it felt like. All the templates were just simple simon. I will say that for real developers a simple and clean site is the easiest to be creative with – and modify into a custom look. As we move into 08, Joomlart seems to be back on track with Dravity, Corona, and even this months E.

I will say the two left or two right column format was starting to get on my nerves. I know the switch up was due to the stand 3 column layout becoming boring and just a web standard of course. So thanks for this months standard 3 column layout!

The support here can be good or bad and I will only mention one case that is killing all of us JA AVIAN! Nice job making the RS Gallery JA Version, but check the support forum sometime and give us some REAL answers please!

Good work guys keep thinking and keep producing! I can ask for this….. BLACK or DARK templates. Check out the new GAVICK Homepage…. Now thats hot! AND a complete mistake by GAVICK to create that for his homepage and not release it! I have been a member of GAVICK but I let my membership elapse due to the lack of creativity and horrible JS issues in his templates over the last few months.

I will credit JA as one of the top 3 template sites – JA, TP, and RT, doing the best!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jayblaq 16 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum