Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    This little problem’s been giving me some headache over the last 48 hrs. Could someone give me a hand with this.

It is to do with the “Alignment of the right/left/Ja Tab/User 5 modules

The right column modules are aligned fine until a individual article is clicked in blog view. When the display is category/section table it remains fine. Is there any way to prevent the CSS from getting disrupted.

Please see it for yourself here;

If you go to This TABLE VIEW the “Highlight and Search” module on the right is nicely aligned but click on any article on the left, the module on the right loses its style and gets centrally aligned.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Cheers
    Biju

instantinlaw Friend

Well it’s actually worse than that, the right hand links are also at the bottom of the screen in IE7. Usually when this sort of thing happens it’s the fault of something else. It may be the read full text @ synergy link button causing the alignment problem. Try removeing that button and see what happens.

bijuhameed Friend

Thanks Mate,

But that would be a BiG Problem, since, those articles are incorporated into the content from the PubMed database. Those links have to be there, unless some sort of patch is applied to the xml tags or something,

Is there any way, even individual styling I could do to get the right hand into line

Thanks
    Biju

instantinlaw Friend

Hi
    Then I would say that it is most likely the script that is generating those articles, which is messing up the layout. I can make some css edits, but this is probably beyond me. Try PM’ing Menalto. He is the resident css guru here.

bigrk Friend

<em>@bijuhameed 20409 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,
    This little problem’s been giving me some headache over the last 48 hrs. Could someone give me a hand with this.

It is to do with the “Alignment of the right/left/Ja Tab/User 5 modules

The right column modules are aligned fine until a individual article is clicked in blog view. When the display is category/section table it remains fine. Is there any way to prevent the CSS from getting disrupted.

Please see it for yourself here;

If you go to This TABLE VIEW the “Highlight and Search” module on the right is nicely aligned but click on any article on the left, the module on the right loses its style and gets centrally aligned.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Cheers
    Biju</blockquote>

Just curious as to why you removed all the lines separating columns, etc.? I’ll bet that your problem lies in this area of the Css that you changed.

Menalto Friend

I sendt you an PM

bijuhameed Friend

Hello,
    That was from me trying to sort the original problem. I have uploaded the original css without any modifications now. The PROBLEM is still there. I have identified that it is to do with the tags within the article itself. The articles are pulled into the joomla content from RSS feeds.

I compared the source files for both situations ( table view and individual article view). It seems when a article is viewed for some reason in the moduletable class a <div align=center> seems to pop in.

I havent changed the original ja_teline template in anyway except for the logo.

Thanks Menalto
    Biju

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bijuhameed 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum