Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi guys, I have this litle problem with my menu, I have many links wich I want to put in the menu, but because the menues are by default 1 menu to 2 places, I mean the default right navigation menu is copied to top, all menu items become messy when it’s more than 4-5 links, so than in this template it gets down to and buttons stand in 2 lines, that’s realy messy. If you look than you can see that the menu buttons on topmenu the text in them is positioned to right and is taking to big distance from left. how can I change that distance. so now the button is like :

| ……. Home | but what I want to do like this | …Home | thus put the HOME text more to left, sothat I get more space for other buttons in one line . Please help.

thanks.

g.akram Friend

No ideas ? ???

Menalto Friend

<em>@g.akram 29708 wrote:</em><blockquote>No ideas ? ???</blockquote>

Many ideas.:)
    just do some changes in the css files

amotaz Friend

Hi Akram,

I was looking for an answer for the same problem. Here’s how I worked around the problem:
    (in my case, I use ‘transmenu’ — you’ll need to edit the file corresponding to your menu type)

Edit /templates/ja_mageia/ja_transmenu.php
    Replace line #9:
    [PHP]$japarams->set( ‘menutype’, ‘mainmenu );[/PHP]
    to
    [PHP]$japarams->set( ‘menutype’, ‘topmenu’ );[/PHP]

That makes the menu populate from “topmenu” instead of “mainmenu”.

Not sure if it’s the “cleanest” way though. Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Ahmed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  amotaz 16 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum