Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I am trying deperatley to remove the module background in user 1, so that the picture as an example is independent. Also, trying to remove the padding to make it “0”. Everything I have tried adversely affects user2, which I dont want to change at all.

Also, I need the user 1 module background to be removed only from the homepage. So, I copied the template and made a special “assigned” version only for the home page. That way if I had to modify index.php, I could without affecting the rest of the site. Morover changing template.css without affecting any other pages as well.

But this is where Im stuck…
    I havent been able to figure out which css only modifies the user1 padding or how to remove the module background.

I played around with _hilite without any avail as well.

Please, Please help!

Thanks in advance

kallan Friend

I’m a tad confused about what you want to acomplish – however What you can do with modules is in the properties assign a class this way in the css you can talk specifically about 1 module (and thus make changes).

Let us know where you are at with this.

Regards,
    Kallan

funkmanusa Friend

Thank you for the reply Kallan, I appreciate your help.

I have included two examples of what Im looking for. I am aware that I can possibly make the changes in the .css, Im just not having any luck finding which would be for specifically the user 1 position. Nor am I having any luck with the module suffix as an alternate plan.

Hope this makes more sense…

Thanks again for your help!

kallan Friend

Ok,

In you module administration click on the module that is set to user1 position.
    On right hand side you should see module class suffix and a box. In the box type -homepic
    Save module and refresh. This should remove most of the padding around the image. I will go and look into getting rid of the rest and will get back to you.

Cheers
    Kate

funkmanusa Friend

Thanks so much for the quick reply.
    I did try the module suffix and unfortunately it didnt make any change…

I would be more than happy to pm you a login if would have to the time to take a peek and/or it’d be easier to resolve.

Thanks again for helping!

kallan Friend

Yeah that would be fine – i prob won’t have a chance until tomorrow now (it’s 5pm here at the mo)
    Also can you tell me will this picture appear on all pages or will you have other images in this position on other pages that require the padding.

Cheers

funkmanusa Friend

Totally understandable.
    Thats why I set up an identical copy of the carona template and assigned to to the home page, whereas the changes in the copied-template.css and index.php if necessary would only affect the home page and I could use the user1 module “business as usual” on all other pages. At least I think so… 🙂

funkmanusa Friend

I just pm’d you.

funkmanusa Friend

<em>@kallan 53339 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Also can you tell me will this picture appear on all pages or will you have other images in this position on other pages that require the padding.

Cheers</blockquote>

Whoops just realized I didnt quite answer your question. This picture, which will end up as a flash file will only need to be this way on the home page. I’d like to copy the module and use the normal(default) version on other pages….sorry.

kallan Friend

ok…..

In your index.php file of the homepage template go to line 114-115 you will see
    <div id=”ja-topsl1″ class=”ja-box-br” style=”width:<?php echo $sl1;?>; float: left;”>
    <div class=”ja-box-bl”><div class=”ja-box-tr”><div class=”ja-box-tl clearfix”>

CHANGE TO

<div id=”ja-topsl1″ class=”ja-box-br1″ style=”width:<?php echo $sl1;?>; float: left;”>
    <div class=”ja-box-bl1″><div class=”ja-box-tr1″><div class=”ja-box-tl1 clearfix”>

Then in template_css.css at line 1016 you will see
    /* Top spotlight1 */
    #ja-topslwrap div.ja-box-br {
    background: url(../images/topsl-br.gif) no-repeat bottom right;
    margin: 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0;
    }

#ja-topslwrap div.ja-box-bl {
    background: url(../images/topsl-bl.gif) no-repeat bottom left;
    }

#ja-topslwrap div.ja-box-tr {
    background: url(../images/topsl-tr.gif) no-repeat top right;
    }

#ja-topslwrap div.ja-box-tl {
    background: url(../images/topsl-tl.gif) no-repeat top left;
    padding: 10px;
    }

add after it

/* Top spotlight front */
    #ja-topslwrap div.ja-box-br1 {
    margin: 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

#ja-topslwrap div.ja-box-bl1 {
    }

#ja-topslwrap div.ja-box-tr1 {
    }

#ja-topslwrap div.ja-box-tl1 {
    }

Then you can play around with these paddings to get desired effect.

Of course this may not be the best way to do it either – so if anyone else has a better way please jump in.

Kind regards,
    Kate

funkmanusa Friend

OMG, thank you so much for taking the time to help me figure this out.

It’s much, much closer to what I was trying to end up with. I have tried several attempts to bring the padding in even more, but I may just have to live with it.

I just keep thinking that there must be a way to just completely remove the modules background, but until I can figure that one out, this’ll certainly work.

Thanks again Kate!
    I really appreciate it.

kallan Friend

No problem.

If you made those changes though it should have entirely removed the white background from that user-1 module, the background is added with the lines like “background: url(../images/topsl-tl.gif) no-repeat top left;”

which is why we added a new set of styles for the user1 module without the background lines.

Cheers
    Kate

funkmanusa Friend

You did it! 🙂

I just realized the custom template that was modified was not assigned.
    Once I assigned it made the change, NOW I can play with the padding to get it where it needs to be..

Thanks again very very much, this’ll definately do the trick.

kallan Friend

Very glad to help.

Cheers
    Kate

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kallan 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum