Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Using Firebug, I found that somewhere in the code, there is 2 lines:

<div id=”ja-mainbody” style=”width: 80%;”>

<div id=”ja-right” class=”column sidebar” style=”width: 20%;”>
    (I use RTL template)

I want to change them to 75% and 25%.

site: http://www.fiqhsyasi.org/ar

could you help me to find how to do it ?

Thanks in advance.

mbenjemaa Friend

I found the code to change in Layout folder (default.php) and Layout/Blocks folder (right.php).

The home page seems to be fine now.

But Is till have a problem with the same issue when I open any Article page.

example: http://www.fiqhsyasi.org/ar/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48:2010-03-14-17-32-02&catid=13:islamic-relations&Itemid=51

I declared my main menu’s position (Left) in the module.
    I created a new module for mod_related_items (in arabic: مواد ذات صلة) and selected Position (Right).

The result was not fine.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Saguaros Moderator

@mbenjemaa

Please open the site: /templates/ja_teline_iii/css/template_rtl.css and find the line:

#ja-container.ja-r2 .main { background: url(../images/dot.gif) repeat-y scroll 25% 0 #fff; }

and replace with:

#ja-container.ja-r2 .main { background: url(../images/dot.gif) repeat-y scroll 75% 0 #fff; }

2) open the file templates/ja_teline_iii/css/template.css and remove the line:

/* Right Columns —*/
    #ja-right .ja-r2 { background: url(../images/dot.gif) repeat-y center; }

Good luck

mbenjemaa Friend

thanks for your quick reply.

the view is improved, but still need to be fixed.

please see the link again: http://www.fiqhsyasi.org/ar/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53:tatawwur&catid=18:letures&Itemid=55

The section (مواد ذات صلة) which refers to (Related Articles) is under the calendar and the (mailing-list)) in menu column. However, I declared their positions are declared differently: the mainmenu (position: right) and Related articles (position: left)

I need to move it into the top of next column.

Thanks.

====

mbenjemaa Friend

Please find in attachement, a picture of what I want to get in my article’s page, regarding the Related Articles.

1. screen
    Saguaros Moderator
    mbenjemaa Friend

Thank you.

mbenjemaa Friend

Sorry, I still have difficulty to do it.

could help please ?

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Dear mbenjemaa!

i’m sorry , i have not clearly understand of the issue which you mensioned in the snapshort.

Woud you like to add more a column having width equal 20% of total ? or how ? please kindly explain more detail

Thanks

peterpeter Friend

Hi: would it ever be possible that you create one simple guide how to change ALL widths? Insted of answering countless questions it would surely save you time (unless you do not answer at all – in that case you are right, you will not save time), and all of us the aggrevation. Certain questions are repeated over and over again, I found several answers to them, in most cases not at all right. The solutions given often don’t work. In case of column widths, none works so far.
    Give us one coherent answer – step by step how to change widths of columns in all lauouts. It’s about time to create some sort of a user guide for templates and for components and modules (for example: where do you hide module classes – that should anable the user to costumize them, but who knows what you have used?). A template’s entire worth lies in it being easily customizable – after all, who wants to have a site that 2,000 other people used too?

peterpeter Friend

And one more thing: templates are supposed to save time, they are also used by newbies who have no idea baout advanced coding, php’s, etc. Why would any programmer bother with buying a template if he can design one so much quicker than investigating your ideas? Please, keep that in mind, most of us are NOT professionals.

Saguaros Moderator

Dear peterpeter!

I think that with users are not professionals with code. you should learn how to user tools which help you while customizing template and try to research joomla system to get a deep acknowleage of joomla via some bug and research T2 framework

1) I ussually use the following tools to find bugs of js and css: i use the firefox browser and the firebug addon http://www.kristarella.com/2009/02/how-to-use-firebug-for-css/
    2) use IE Debug Tool of the IE browser

….

madeline63 Friend

hi,

i change code in default.php
    $this->_basewidth = 18;

and code in template.css
    /* 3 Columns – 2 Columns Right Layout —*/
    #ja-container.ja-r2 .main { background: url(../images/dot.gif) repeat-y 64% 0 #fff; }
    #ja-container.ja-r1 .main { background: url(../images/dot.gif) repeat-y 80% 0 #fff; }

it work well at safari and firefox, but the IE just affected by the changes of basewidth, no for the ja-r2.main changes.

any idea can fix this?

Saguaros Moderator

Pls kindly modify codes in this file: templates/ja_teline_iii/css/ie.php,

goodluck

madeline63 Friend

Hi, tienhc

i found this the ie.php, but what and where should i modified those code?.

<blockquote><?php

$template_path = dirname( dirname( $_SERVER[‘REQUEST_URI’] ) );
    global $color;
    function ieversion() {
    ereg(‘MSIE ([0-9].[0-9])’,$_SERVER[‘HTTP_USER_AGENT’],$reg);
    if(!isset($reg[1])) {
    return -1;
    } else {
    return floatval($reg[1]);
    }
    }
    $iev = ieversion();

?>
    <?php /*All IE*/ ?>

<?php
    /*IE 6*/
    if ($iev == 6) {
    ?>

.column ul li { zoom: 1; }

div.moduletable,
    div.moduletable_default,
    div.moduletable_menu,
    div.moduletable_text,
    div.moduletable_hilite { zoom: 1; }

ul.ja-megamenu { margin: 0; }

div.discussion-wrap { zoom: 1; }

<?php
    }
    ?>

<?php
    /*IE 7*/
    if ($iev == 7) {
    ?>

<?php
    }
    ?>

<?php
    /*IE 8*/
    if ($iev == 8) {
    ?>

<?php
    }
    ?>
    </blockquote>

thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum