Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I was uploading new items with no problem until today. Not sure why but all new items created in K2 are not appearing anywhere on the frontpage or anywhere else on the web site. Even though the new K2 Item has been created with no dramas.

Does anyone know why the items don’t appear on the time line or Categories menu.

any help would be greatly appreciated :-[

Sherlock Friend

Hi wiser1973,

Can you give me an example of an item that should be shown in the frontpage?
    The problem was occurring recently? Maybe it’s due to your recent installation of an extension and it caused the problem.

wiser1973 Friend

HI Sherlock,

Firstly thank you for your response, I did install a watermark which worked but did not offer me the solution I required. I did upload
    new items after this with no problem., (since I haven’t created a backup till now, can I update the template to restore JA_Lens template, so I can continue with my data upload)

I have uploaded two new products called “Candles” & “Blue Smoke” both of these are in two different categories which till now where
    displaying there appropriate Item(s) & contents with no problems. Screen grab beow

both of these items should appear in the categories but dont appear in the frontend or the the test categories section located in the main menu

please help :((

1. www_shotinone_com_au
    Sherlock Friend

<em>@wiser1973 329623 wrote:</em><blockquote>HI Sherlock,

Firstly thank you for your response, I did install a watermark which worked but did not offer me the solution I required. I did upload
    new items after this with no problem., (since I haven’t created a backup till now, can I update the template to restore JA_Lens template, so I can continue with my data upload)

I have uploaded two new products called “Candles” & “Blue Smoke” both of these are in two different categories which till now where
    displaying there appropriate Item(s) & contents with no problems. Screen grab beow

both of these items should appear in the categories but dont appear in the frontend or the the test categories section located in the main menu

please help :((</blockquote>

Hi wiser1973,

I am not much sure about the plugin of “JMonitoring – Akeeba Backup” but when it tried to disable it then added a new k2 item under the category of Landscape i saw it work.
    You can check it by yourself !

wiser1973 Friend

Hi Sherlock, :):)

thanks again for your time, I saw that you did manage to create a new item which appears on the front end. Great- Problem is that
    when I tried ( approx 15 times to create a new item it didn’t work) I disabled the plugin you mention and a few more, with no luck

But in saying so I did manage to figure out why its not working – since I created you a fresh new account with only default settings (
    NO language, Editor, backend language or even Time zone, set to anything but ” – Use Default” I was able to create a new item and have it appear, on the frontpage and its respective Category. But when I edited the user profile (testing to see which variable could be the
    culprit, I noticed that “Time Zone” affected my User profile so much so it would allow me to create a new item, but not display it anywhere.

Why is this happening?
    I don’t think it has to do with the USER group either as I changed them and it was the same,
    Im also not sure if it is just the time zone setting that’s having problems,

Is there anything that can be fixed to correct this bug?

Sherlock Friend

Hi wiser1973,

I am not sure but it could be a problem related to time zone and maybe k2 also, I think you should leave this field use default, You can post a question to k2 forum and maybe someone else who has faced this problem before would give you a hand.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum